t w e n t y - s i x

Magenta

Monday. The most dreaded day.

Jackie and I walk in school side by side as usual but this time it's different. People stare at us, more than usual. Before they stared at us because we sat with the boys, but now the glares look even more deadly.

"This is what happens when you go on a date with Brad." I groan.

"Oh shush, it was worth it you had a great time." Jackie reminds me.

I nod silently agreeing as we walk to her locker. I lean against the one next to her with my eyes closed, the events of last Friday playing in my mind.

"Hello girls." An unfamiliar voice shocks me and I shoot upright.

The girl in front of me is definitely the last person I expected to see here.

Abigail Rose.

Expelled from our school at the end of last year for getting into a brutal fight, not her first and definitely not her last, that ended up with the other girl in hospital with a stiletto puncture wound in her arm.

Basically, I almost shat my pants.

"Uh hi?"

"Hi. Magenta and Jackie right? I just thought I'd say hello since I'm back at school and you've been quiet active in all the gossip lately." In the corner of my eye I see Brad watching cautiously, keeping a safe distance between us. "I'm Abigail, but I'm guessing you already knew that." She grins slyly and I almost gulp.

"Nice to meet you." Jackie says politely, not doubt wanting this to be over just as bad as me.

Quite a few people in the corridor are watching and I try to keep my cool before she waves and walks off.

"What the f-"

"Calm down," Jackie cuts me off. "I'm sure she was just being...polite."

"Polite!? She's Brad's ex! And at least 3/4 of the school thinks she's psychotic, me included." I start hyperventilating and collapse against the locker behind me dramatically.

"Oh relax, you're exaggerating." She rolls her eyes.

"Am I? Am I really?" I clutch my chest as I feel my racing heart. "Remember Austin Banks?"

"Who's that?" Jackie asks confused.

"Exactly! She ruined him just for making a move on her best friend." Jackie tried to defend her as 'misunderstood' when Brad and his entourage walk over.

"Run." Is the first thing James tells me and I shriek.

"I've never seen her like this." Connor says looking genuinely worried.

"She's in shock. She thinks Abigail's psychotic." She rolls her red but stares in astonishment when the boys nod, agreeing with me.

"See!" I told you. Alright guys here the plan. First, I dye my hair black. Then I draw a fake mole above my lip and change my name, running away to become a nun. I'll be safe as a nun, no one will hurt me."

"Aw, but then I'll miss you." Brad pouts taking a step closer to me. I stop and giggle before reminding myself of my mission.

"No. No distractions, I'm not letting my guard down. Goodbye people, it's been nice knowing you." I salute them and try to march off only to be pulled back.

The boys nod at James and he traps in his damn muscly arms making me want to groan and swoon at the same time. Curse you hormones.

"Go on missy, off to class you go." Tristan pushes me in the direction of maths but now I have another reason not to go to class.