t w e n t y - n i n e

Magenta

It was awkward to put it simply. Brad, Abigail and I are sat in the corner of the music room just staring awkwardly at each other. Abigail seems to have a fake smile on her face that also looks a bit like a knowing smirk and it makes me squirm uncomfortably.

"So how are you both?" She grins.

"Good, good yeah." We cough awkwardly.

"So, any song suggestions?" She asks.

"Uh nope, not yet." I hurriedly reply.

"Hmm, I was thinking Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne." She twirls a piece of her copper hair around her finger.

"Hey I love that song!" Josh, a fellow student, says as he walks past.

I give him a quick glare before smiling at Abigail. "Uh yeah maybe."

"Hey do you like me new heels?" She sticks her leg up, quite close to my leg and my eyes widen at the thin heel. Perfect for stabbing.

"They're uh, cute."

We once again fall into silence until sir comes around.

"Abigail, principal would like to see you." I try not to look relieved as I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

She frowns before standing up and walking out.

"Well I'm glad that's over." Brad sighs and I laugh.

"I thought my heart was going to burst it was beating so quickly." I giggle.

"Why are you so scared of her again?" He questions.

"Heel." I simply say making him laugh.

"Right." He shakes his head. "I guess we should probably actually start to work on a song. Any ideas?"

"Hm, maybe a phew."

We spend the next half hour working around arrangements and nailing the chords to the song we chose, our thoughts void of Abigail.

When the bell for the end of the day finally rang I ran out of my last class into the car park hoping for a lift from the boys. I spotted Brad and skipped over to him wrapping my arms around his waist.

"Hey baby." My mind goes fuzzy for a seconds before I recompose.

"Why hello dashing sir." I laugh.

A scream alerts me and we both turn to see a familiar red haired girl screaming at a tall blonde guy that I've never seen before.

"You idiot!" She screams. "You hit my Porsche! My dad's going to kill me." Suddenly she marches up to him and starts whacking her handbag at him.

"Yikes, poor guy." Connor laughs making me jump in fright.

"Why do you always sneak up on me?" I clutch my heart.

"Duh, 'coz it's fun." He chuckles and climbs into the black car we're leaning against.

"Of course." I mumble.

Brad gestures for me to climb into the passenger seat so I do, eating a distasteful stare from James who's making his way over to us with Tristan. I immaturely stick my tongue out at him making Brad shake his head. James and Tris climb into the BMW. The boys are dropped off first before Brad takes me home.

"So how come you still have Tristan's car?" I ask confused as hell.

"I think my mum made a deal with his mum so I get to drive his car around for a week. Tris has another car so he's fine with it, as long as I don't crash."