t h i r t y

HI PLS GO CHECK OUT MY NEW BILLY HARGROVE FANFIC CALLED 'THORN' THANK YOU AND I LOVE YOU <3

Magenta

For the second time in my life, I woke up in Brad's bed. Instead of sunlight streaming through the window, the moon's beams lit up the room.

I turn on my side to look at Brad who remained still, his only movement being his chest rising and falling with each breath. I stare at him for a while before throwing the covers off me and climbing out of his bed. Treading lightly, I make my way over to the window in Brad's room. I draw the curtains and am surprised to see a balcony. Glancing back at the sleeping boy, I quietly open the doors and slip out onto the ledge.

My arms rest against the railing and I run my fingers throw the knots in my hair. A sigh falls from my mouth, my gaze reaching up to stare at the moon that looked down on me; judging my every move.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" I jump at the sound of his voice and the feeling of his arms wrapping around my waist.

Brad's bare torso presses up against my back and his head rests on my shoulder. I lean back into him, savouring the peaceful moment.

"Hey," I sigh. "Sorry for waking you."

"I was awake anyway, just thinking." He presses a kiss to the top of my head and I smile.

"What about?"

"Everything. About how things have changed, how I'm happy to have you and I don't want to let you go."

I turn around to look up at him and wrap my own arms around his back. "Then don't."

Our lips meet for a quick, but sweet kiss and I hum with happiness.

"Brad, what are we?"

"Humans." He jokes receiving a not impressed look from me. "We're too people that care for each other and don't want to let the other go."

I sigh, accepting the only answer I know I'll receive. I turn back around in his arms and stare up at the moon.

The moon was always a big part of my life as I grew up. When I was a toddler I died to just stare at the moon for ages until my eyes hurt. When I grew older I started staying up and sneaking out of the house when I thought my mum and da were asleep. They always dragged my giggling ten year old self back to my room; where I would stare at the moon from my window.

My mum never understood my interest in the bright ball of rock in the sky but she never questioned it. Dad told me when I was a baby I would stare at the moon on my baby mobile instead of all the planets and the sun.

When my mum passed, I ran away from home for a few days. Dad found me with a set of binoculars camping on the beach, my bags full of marshmallows and chocolate. Instead of scolding me, he simply sat next to me and stared with me.

To us, Mum was our moon. Not our sun. The sun was to be kept at a far distance so as to not hurt anyone and you couldn't stare directly at it unless you wanted to go blind. Mum was far too beautiful to avoid looking at. She was luck the moon, glowing and illuminating the night sky, leading a bright path for those that are lost.

"Lets go back to bed." Brad whispers.

I take one last look at the moon before closing the balcony doors behind me and crawling back into the brunette's bed.

I lay awake for a bit while Brad's light snores bounce off the walls. I stare at the ceiling wondering how I got here. My personality has definitely changed and I'm not sure if it's good or not...I think I like it though.