f o u r

Magenta

I'm so glad I no longer have one of those annoying alarms that don't stop ringing once you slap them. When I was younger I had one of them and I ended up breaking it so my dad would have to buy me a new one every few weeks.

It's much more pleasant to wake up to one of my favourite songs; Don't Threaten Me With A Good Time. Yep. Another Panic! At The Disco song. I'm kinda obsessed.

Though of course, it still doesn't stop me from trying to slap my phone which results in it sliding off my bedside table and across the floor. I groan loudly and try to get out of bed but I'm rolled up too tightly in my blankets and fall over landing face first on the floor. Let's just say my nose really hurts now.

After lying on the floor for a good 5 minutes I decide to pull myself off the floor and I take a quick shower after picking up my cracked phone off the floor. The shower relaxed my muscles and I almost fall asleep. After about a 20 minute shower I change into a black singlet top and a pair of dark wash skinny jeans. I slip on a gray cardigan over my singlet and pull on my black converse. I glance at the time I my phone and curse when I realise I need to go. Grabbing my bag, I run to the kitchen and take an apple racing out the door. I look down the street and almost scream when I see my bus turning on to the main road.

"No! This can not be happening!"

Just when I think it can't get any worse it starts raining. Yep. I let out a scream and start to walk to school.

I hear a beep behind me and turn to see a black BMW slowing down. The passenger window rolls down and I groan.

"Need a lift?" Brad asks.

I consider my options before sighing and opening the back door. I squeeze in next to James and he hands me a towel.

"Thanks." I mumble.

"No problemo." He grins.

I try to dry my hair as much as I can and then tie it up with a hair elastic that I found in my bag.

"So why were you walking in the rain?" Tristan asks looking in the rear view mirror.

"I missed my bus." I say rubbing my nose.

Tristan nods and the car is filled with silence. Brad turns the radio up and I smile lightly as I hear Side To Side playing.

I look out the window and lean my my head against it as I hear the boys softly singing along which made me laugh.

"Hey, we're here." Tristan says.

"Thanks for the lift guys." I say before walking off.

People were staring at me as I made my way through the halls. It was kind of expected. First I sing with the king of (assholes) the school. Then I arrive at school in Tristan's BMW with all four boys. So I'm sure you understand why people are staring at me.

I finally find Jackie talking to one of her teachers and I watch as she frowns while talking to her. They finish talking and I walk over to her.

"What was that about?" I ask.

"Well I got an extension on my history essay but now my teacher says I can't have it. It's due tomorrow and I'm no where near done." She groans, holding her head in her hands.

"Damn that sucks. Why is can't you have the extension anymore?"

"Something about I'm not special and I have to be treated the same as the entire class." Jackie rolls her eyes and I laugh.

"But anyway what about last night? That was quite the performance." She raises her eyebrows.

"It was nothing." I say shaking my head.

"Oh come on that was amazing. I never knew you could sing." Jackie says smiling.

"I can't it was a one time thing. Look, I gotta go to class now I'll see you at break." I go to walk away but she stops me.

"Magenta, did I do something to upset you?" She asks worried.

"No you did nothing. I just need to go to class." And with that I walk away, tears threatening to spill down my face.

I decide to go to the library since the bell doesn't go for another 15 minutes and pull out my science book to finish off some homework.

"Magenta?" I look up to see the librarian Miss Reed smiling down at me.

"Hi Miss Reed." I return the smile.

"Have you been crying dear?

Miss Reed is a young woman in about her early twenties so I don't know why she would want to work at a school with a bunch or irritating children when she has her whole life ahead of her.

"Oh no, it's probably just an eyelash." I wave it off.

"Of don't be silly. You know you can tell what's going on." She says taking a seat in front of me.

"I just miss my mum." I sigh.

"Oh." She says quietly. "How's your dad?"

"He's coping but he really misses her. We all do."

"I'm really sorry Magenta."

"It's okay. Anyway, there's no point living in the past." I shake my head.

"Well I'm proud of you. If you ever need someone to talk to you know where I am." Miss Reed squeezes my hand and I smile gratefully.

"Thank you."

This is a total filler sorry. I wasn't sure where to pick up from and yeah so I just wrote this which surprisingly took me ages.

I have my yearly exams next week so I won't be online for a while because I really need to study and I'm stressing out which isn't helping. Plus my attendance rate is far below the requirement so I have to try and keep my grades from dropping otherwise I can't transfer schools which I've wanted to do for a long time now.

Anyway, thanks for reading. Please comment and tell me what you think :)