t w e n t y

Magenta

"Where have you been?" My dad's voice booms.

"I told you I was going out." I roll my eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I was worried sick."

"Oh really? Why didn't you call or text me? Such a worried parent." I mumble the last part.

"Don't give me that. I didn't think you'd answer you just took off without telling me."

"Excuse me? If you were really worried you would have called anyway. And I told you I was going out." I storm up to my room not wanting to talk to my dad anymore.

I throw my door open and am surprised to see a brunette in bed.

"Dad." I scream.

"What?" He asks rushing up the stairs. He runs to me and see that I'm staring at the brunette with fury in my eyes.

"Oh Andrea fell asleep and I didn't know if you were coming back so I let her sleep in your bed. It's much more comfortable than the one in the guest room." He says as if it's nothing.

"Well where am I supposed to sleep?"

"Guest room or couch." Dad shrugs.

I turn around and storm downstairs. I pull a blanket from the downstairs cupboard and turn all the lights off, collapsing on the couch. I pull the blanket over me and shut my eyes hoping to fall asleep easily, wanting this day to be over as soon as possible.

Waking up at 5am is not how i pictured my monday morning. Normally i would have to wake up at 7.30am at the earliest. But nope, apparently Andrea likes to go for early morning runs. And she likes to wake up the whole house while getting ready.

I groan as she hums to herself while dancing around the kitchen, some old Kesha song playing loudly. I try to block the noise out by biting my ears between multiple pillows, but it just doesn't work.

Eventually, my current least favourite person leaves for 'work' and I fall back asleep only to be woken up less than an hour later by the sound of knocking on the front door.

Blinking my eyes to clear my vision, i stand up off the couch testing my legs. I make my way to the door and open it groggily.

"Morning sunshine." Jackie beams.

"Why are you here so early?" I ask confused.

"Well i was here to pick you up since school starts in like 10 minutes." Suddenly I'm completely awake.

"What!" Next second I'm running up to my room and trying to get ready for school as quick as I can.

I hear Jackie walking into my house and opening the fridge door, no surprise there. I throw on the first thing I see not caring if it's clean or not. Spraying on deodorant I run downstairs, shoes in hand.

"You know, you should really start waking up earlier." My best friend advised me as I rush around like a mad woman.
"Thanks for the advice." I roll my eyes as I grab a granola bar and my purse off the bench.

"Okay, lets go." We jump into Jackie's car and she hands me a mint.

"You have really bad breath." I glare at her and take the mint.

"Thanks." I mumble.

We pull into school just as the bell goes and we race to our seperate classes. I sneak into my first class as my teacher turns around to write on the board

I tie my hair up in a high ponytail and pull out my book and pen. I start scribbling notes and end up staring at the clock on the wall. The teacher rambles on and on and eventually tells us that we can leave early because she has to take her daughter somewhere. So yay free half period.

Realising Jackie would still be in her class, I decide to try and find somewhere quiet to sit by myself. I come across an empty bench, that looks like one you would find at a park, and lay down. Not caring if I look strange, I plug my earphones in and put my music on shuffle. A catchy tune starts playing and i hum along softly to it.

My earphones are ripped out and I scream, falling off the bench. I glare up at the person who startled me and am not surprised when I see its Brad.

"Hi Simpson." I fake smile. "What made you decide you wanted to disturb me today?"

"Well, you just looked so peaceful and waned to join you." He grins.

Rolling my eyes, I sit back on the bench. "Shouldn't you be in class?"

"I'm in your class, I just came late so I have a free half period as well. So I decided to join you."

"Oh how lucky am I."

"The luckiest." He winks.

I push my earphones back into my ears and close my eyes, ignoring the curly haired boy beside me. I lean against the back of the bench and breathe in deeply trying to calm my breathing. Feeling the burn of Brads stare, I open my eyes and ripping my earphones out.

"Ok seriously, what do you want?" I ask annoyed.

Suddenly he looks nervous. The boy that's confidence is larger than Europe is nervous. Who would've though?

"Well you see, I uh...well I had a lot of fun with you yesterday and I was wondering if you'd maybe like to hang out again...just the two of us?"

"Brad...are you asking me out on a date?" I stifle my laugh.

"Whatever I shouldn't have asked." He mumbles. Brad starts to walk away but i stop him.

"Wait!" I call out. "I'd love to."

"Really?" He grins.

"Really." I nod smiling softly and he thanks me before running off

I smile to myself and plug my earphones back in, drowning myself in the sound of Halsey's voice.

DON'T KILL ME.

So as I said in the last 'chapter' I decided to take a break from writing. I still struggled to write this chapter even though I knew what I wanted to write. So here it is, the latest chapter :)

Also I want to thank everyone so so much, Colours now has 4K views! That's the main reason why I updated because I was so happy. Have a great day and I love you all.