t w e n t y - t h r e e

Magenta

It's Friday and last period. Everyone stares at the clock but I seem to be the only one not wanting it to strike 3pm. I found out today that Brad's planned our date for this afternoon.

"Hey." He had approached me in the corridor smiling and I could see almost everyone staring at us.

"Hey, what's up?"

"So, are you busy tonight?" He rubbed the back of his neck nervously, but I had seen the excitement in his eyes. It had made my heart flutter a bit.

"I have no plans so far." I raised an eyebrow and he smiled.

"Well, I'll pick you up at 5.30." And he had walked off leaving and me stunned and confused.

I had leant against my locker for a while as girls stared at me with envy; I would never get used to their stares.

Jackie's foot taps up and down ad I look over at her, shooting her an annoyed look.

"Do you have too?" I hiss.

"Sorry I'm so excited for you. I told you I'm going to yours after school right? I didn't oh well, I am and you can't say no." She whispers

I groan and lean back in my chair glancing at the clock again.

7 minutes.

"Oh my gosh! I can meet the witch and give her a piece of me, she won't mess with you again."

"Please don't go freak on my dad's girlfriend. As much as I'd love to see that." I sigh.

6 minutes.

"Aw, why not?" My best friend pouts.

"Because, my dear Jackie, she'll probably find a way to pin it on me and my dad will be pissed at me. So, please don't bash her."

"Oh fine, I don't want you to get in trouble. But next time I'm not letting you spoil my fun." She sulks in her chair and I shake my head.

4 minutes.

"Did Brad say where he's taking you yet?" She asks for what seems like the hundredth time today.

"No, I told you like 5 minutes ago, all I know is that he's picking me up at 5.30."

"Damn. Well believe me, you'll love it."

"Yeah yeah no need to rub it in my face, he told you but won't tell me." I grunt rolling my eyes.

"Well honey, he needed my best friend expertise to help him plan." She sticks her tongue out like the child she is.

"Whatever."

1 minute.

"Ahh, the bell's about to go and then we can get you ready!" She starts rambling about what she thinks I should wear.

The bell rings and she takes off without looking back, leaving me smirking in my chair. Everyone else leaves and the teacher raises an eyebrow at me.

"Magenta, aren't you leaving?" He questions.

"Well most days I'd be trying to get out of that gate before everyone else but today I'd rather stay here."

He shrugs and continues typing on his computer. I close my eyes and rest my head on the back of the extremely uncomfortable chair. Squeals fill the air and I groan as Jackie runs into the room and loops her arm with mine, dragging me away.

Believe me, I am excited for our date but I don't like when people make a big fuss about things in my life. Jackie's treating it like he's proposing to me. I can't help rolling my eyes at the thought. I'm dragged into Jackie's car and I reluctantly strap myself in as she speeds off towards my house.