s i x

Magenta

To say I regretted agreeing to hanging out with the boys after school would be an understatement. A huge understatement. The boys are like big children. They argue non stop, in a friendly way, and it drives me insane.

"But I don't want to listen to Taylor Swift." Connor whines.

"Too bad it's my car and I'm driving so we're playing what I want to play." James says changing the song back to 22.

"You guys are like 6 year olds in the bodies of annoying 18 year olds." I roll my eyes.

"We didn't ask for your opinion." Connor says.

"You asked for my opinion when you invited me to your stupid field trip." I fold my arms over my chest.

"Well you're welcome you should feel honoured to be in our presence." Tristan says from above me.

I groan and roll my eyes from my position on the floor on the car. You're probably confused. The boys stupidly tried to drive six people in a five-seater car. So me being the smallest one there is, as they all agreed on, had to lay on the floor. I tried to I object but I was just shoved onto the ground.

Jackie giggles and I let out a huff.

"Cheer up Violet." Brad says from the passenger seat.

"Magenta." I correct him through gritted teeth. "My name's magenta."

"Same difference." He says  nonchalantly.

I glare at his chair and try to shuffle around on the floor to get more comfortable.

"Geez, you couldn't have given me a pillow or something?"

Something soft comes in contact with my face and I take a look at the pillow before glaring at Tristan. "You only just now give this to me?"

"Sorry." He says sheepishly.

I position it underneath my head and all of a sudden a string of profanities is coming out of James' and Brad's mouths.

"What?" Jackie asks.

"Uh, we're being pulled over."

"What? Why?" Connor asks.

"Because James drives like a drunk person." Brad huffs.

"Hey! I am an amazing driver." James objects.

"Fight over your terrible driving later, we're screwed if they see me. You had a pillow please tell me you have a blanket or something."

"Uh..." Tristan looks in the boot and grimaces. "There's not a blanket in there..."

"Crap." I breathe.

"What do we do?" Connor says frantically.

"Well, I have an idea. Magenta hide under the glove box space at Brad's feet."

"WHAT? No thanks." I protest.

"Oh just shut up and do it." Connor says.

"I'm sure we can-"

"MAGENTA!" They all shout.

"Ugh." I groan. I try to climb over the centre console and Brad makes no effort to help me climb down.

I end up sitting on his lap and I am almost hear him smirking from behind me. Before sliding down under the compartment I make sure to jab my elbow on his genitals as I get down. I hear him intake a sharp breath and turn around in the small space.

"Oh sorry Bradley, did I hurt you?" I ask innocently.

"Shush the officer's coming." James hisses.

"Hi kids." I hear a gruff voice.

"Hello officer." James says.

"So I just wanted to check on you since your driving seemed quite dangerous going at such a slow speed."

I snicker and Brad, kind of, gently kicks me. I hiss in pain covering my mouth with my hand.

"Sorry sir my mother told me it's safer to drive slower. I try to be very careful, there's so many accidents on the roads these days."

"Alright well just to be safe you're going to have to take a breath test." The officer says.

"Alright."

A few minutes later we're back to driving to our destination that I'm hoping won't be made permanent. I'm still convinced they're going to take me to the forest and kill me.

"Can I get up now?" I ask.

"No, we don't want to take any risks with James' terrible driving." Brad says.

"Hey!" James exclaims.

"You are a pretty bad driver." I admit.

"Well then you'll be glad to know that we're here. And you're not dead." James says happily.

"Not yet." I say under my breath.

"Come on let's go." I wait for Brad to get out before climbing out of the small space.

I stretch my arms and legs, cracking my neck. I open my closed eyes and my mouth gapes.

"You assholes." I say as the boys all crack up.