t w e n t y - o n e

Magenta

Suddenly everyone knew about our date. At least that's what I was told when Jackie sprinted - she never runs - over to me when was in the library and attacked me with questions.

"How did he ask you? Where are you going? When is it? What are you going to wear?"

It was safe to say that my studies had been disturbed and I wouldn't be getting anymore quiet time in the library.

"I don't know." I had told my best friend. "All I know is he asked me out and I said yes. Now can you leave me alone? I'm trying to study." Or course she hadn't left me alone and she decided to drag me out into the hallway.

"MY BEST FRIEND IS GOING ON A DATE WITH BRA-" She was cut off my my hand smacking across her mouth.

"Don't tell anyone else, please." She sighed and eventually caved, agreeing to not broadcast the 'breaking news' as she had called it.

"So how'd he bribe you?" Tristan asks as we sit down in the cafeteria.

"What do you mean?" I ask raising an eyebrow.

"Well, you've hated the guy for years and now he's asking you on a date and you're saying yes. There's no way you're going because you want to, so what did he promise you?" Connor answers for his tall friend.

"He didn't promise me anything, he's just been really nice to me and I thought I'd give it a shot." I shrug.

"I'm sure we're all interested to see how it turns out, good luck to you both." Connor nods.

"What is that supposed to-"

"Hey." I turn around to see Brad smiling brightly.

"Why do you look like you just won the lottery?" I ask.

"Well I scored a date with you, so it's pretty close." The cheeky brunette winks at me.

I roll my eyes and he sits down to the left of me.

"So what are you two going to do on your date?" James asks as he looks up from his phone and joins the conversation.

"Nice of you to acknowledge us." Connor grumbles.

"I was texting-"

"You're secret girlfriend, we know." Tristan deadpans.

James opens his mouth to speak but I cut him off. "You have a girlfriend? Why were we not made aware of this?"

"Uh, you never asked?"

"Anyway back to us, it's a sec-" Jackie cuts Brad of and I smile apologetically at him.

"How were we supposed to know to ask if you didn't tell us?"

"Oh my gosh!" Connor squeals.

"What?" We chime.

"My mum just sent me a picture of Rex on my pillow, he's so-"

"Who's Rex?

"Connor do you have a boyfriend that we don't know about?" Brad asks looking slightly offended.

"What? No! I told you-"

"Guys, Rex is his dog." James says looking at us like we're all idiots.

"Actually, he's his pet bearded dragon." I correct him.

"What the hell is a bearded dragon?"

"What the hell is a Tristan?"

"What?" The blonde boy's face is one of pure confusion and we all go quiet.