Chapter #16 ~Sage~

It has been an hour since Willow, passed out, and she still hasn't awoken. 

After Lucas poured the liquid into Willow's mouth she immediately passed out from blood loss and exhaustion.  We all went back to the base, Lucas carrying the injured unconscious Willow while Jayce helped me walk since I hurt my ankle. It healed shortly after and so did everyone else's injuries but Willow still hasn't woke up.

Jayce, Adrian, Lucas, David and I all sat in the training room.

"I'm here!" Scott rushes in the room.

He's still here? I forgot he joined! Oh right...

"Where the hell have you been!" Lucas practically yells at Scott.

"Wow, uh, I locked myself in a room for about 12 hours and then after got lost for another 9 hours and everyone was gone so I slept.  Why what happened?" Scott replies, completely oblivious of what happened.

Jayce lets out a loud sigh and shakes his head.

~~~

"Oh." Scott sounds like he feels bad.  "Where has Bruce been?"

"Out looking for recruits? Who knows anymore." David says shaking his head.

Silence fills the room to the point where you could hear a needle drop.

My mind wanders and I start thinking up bad scenarios like the potion I made to counter act Diana's not working. I don't know how any of us could trust Willow... I obviously would, but I have a feeling it's going to take a long time to convince the others. We had to remember who the spy really was.

I looked at around at my newly friends, which I already knew so well, everyone seemed so awkward. It looked like, everyone didn't know what to do at this point. I didn't know.

~~~

A couple hours have passed, Scott left along with Adrian, David and Lucas.  Jayce and I continued to sit in the training room. No words being spoken among us.

"What was it like here, before Willow and I came here?" I speak.

"A lot more quiet. Diana still sometimes ambushed us but not as much as she does now. Besides that nothing." Jayce replies, running his hand through his raven hair.

I nod, unsure what to say, unsure what to think right now. I was so exhausted from staying up all night, brewing that potion, Jayce joined me until 4am but soon after passed out.

Silence takes over again, slowly eating away the time.

"Jayce, what happens after this? What happens when this all ends? When Diana is defeated?" I ask.

Jayce looks over at me, I look into his dark eyes, which looked like an endless void, and it felt like I was falling.

"We go on with our lives just as we did before." He simple answers, even though he seemed to put a lot of thought into it.

"No, what will happen to us? To this whole group? What will happen when there is no need to have a team and plan against Diana?"

"I like to think, that this place will always be home, well to me at least, I haven't talked to my family in 7 years, I don't even know where I could find them..." He looks at his shoes.

I feel sympathy for Jayce. I sometimes forget that Jayce, Lucas and Adrian have been here since they were only 5-7. I wonder what it would've been like, to just leave my family and hope to find someone like me.

Without thinking, I grab Jayce's hand, solely for comfort.  His hand was cold, with no warmth.

"We're going to have to fight really soon, aren't we?" I think out loud.