Chapter Ten

--------------

Dedication: Jenny20 for the cover! Thank you!

Recap:

"No wonder he needs counselling if he's dating a fucking crazy bitch like you," I spat.

"Apparently," she said slowly, leaning in so that her cool breath fanned my face. "I'm not the one who's crazy."

I did the only logical thing, really.

I punched her in the face.

--------------

Gripping a handful of Amelia's hair in my fist, I proceeded to project her head into the locker.

The sickening thud seemed to echo through the hallway. Her cries rang in my ear but I couldn't stop.

"Sadie," she whined as I, again, injected as much force as possible, into slamming her head into the metal beside us. "Stop, please!"

"I'm crazy, right?" I asked, my voice sounding hysterical to my own ears.

"Hey!" a loud voice boomed. "Break it up, you two!"

Breathing heavily, I reached to go for her again and she flinched, shielding her face. I paused, my hand hovering in the air. Slowly, I let it limply fall to my side.

The guy ran to go get someone, but that didn't really matter. Amelia and I just stared at each other, our chests rising and falling.

"Why did you do it?" I panted, shaking my head at her. "Why did you tell everyone?"

"Because of what you're doing," she hissed.

"What are you talking about?"

"They're still grieving," she bit out, glaring at me. "And here you are, throwing yourself at anyone and everyone."

"Excuse me?"

"They all still attend grief counselling and you don't even bother to contact them. You packed up and left."

I just gave her a blank stare.

"I have to go with him every week. He will never get over what happened."

"Who?" I questioned, not understanding.

"Isaac," she whispered, just as I heard heavy footsteps ascending towards us. "You know, Casey's brother."

***

"What do you have to say for yourself?" the man who I have hardly ever seen before, questioned me. He apparently was the principal.

"Something horrible happened to me. I was admitted to a mental institute, which my parents would have contacted the school about. Amelia spread it around the school." I shrugged. "This was my way of saying thanks."

He blinked at me for a few moments. He probably feels awkward having to punish a "mentally unstable" girl.

"Both of you are clearly in the wrong here. Amelia, you are suspended for three days. Sadie, as you are over the age of 18, we will need to approach your punishment in a different way, as it was assault. You are suspended for three days also. We will contact you soon about the consequences."

"Can't wait," I muttered bitterly.

"That is all."

The dismissal was loud and clear. Dragging myself from the chair, I stomped out the door and didn't hold it for Amelia.

When I heard the door swing shut behind her, I whirled around. "How dare you. You have no idea the hell I have to live through every day. Isaac lost a brother, but I lost my whole world. He was everything to me. How do you think I can cope with him gone?"