Chapter Thirty Three

--------------------

Dedication: MaggieHarrison23 for commenting so much! Thank you <3

Recap:

"That's right." I agreed. "Josh is a guy at my school. We had a bit of a thing a while ago and it's started back up again. Owen..." I can already feel my story about Owen is going to make him look pretty guilty.

Now that I think about it, he was obsessed with me and did try to force himself on me. Not even Isaac, who seems to have major mood swings, has done that.

"Sadie?" he pressed.

"I think..." I whispered, my eyes widening. "I think it could be Owen."

--------------------

"Are you sure?" Marissa asked me sceptically.

"No, but he's a suspect," I replied with a shrug. "Do you think he could be the one sending me messages?"

"Sure, he is obsessive when it comes to you, but it's because he likes you. Why would he want to hurt you?"

"Because I don't like him the same way?" I suggested. "I don't know, it's just making sense in my head right now."

"Well, how are we going to know for sure?"

"Hold him down and steal his phone? Torture him into giving us answers?"

"Wow..." she trailed off. "You watch too many movies."

I let out a dry sounding laugh. "I was joking. Kind of."

She frowned at me as we walked into school. The lacerations on my neck were still highly visible, but I found no point in trying to hide it. Someone attacked me, I'm not going to be embarrassed by it. It's time I start facing reality and fighting back. I'm over feeling this way and living through hell.

I met eyes with Josh as I walked past his group. He got to his feet instantly, coming over to me.

"I'll catch up with you later," Marissa grinned, wiggling her eyebrows suggestively at me.

"Hey," Josh smiled in greeting. "What happened to you yesterday- what the fuck?"

His eyes widened as he noticed my neck. He grabbed me, pulling me closer. His eyes narrowed as he inspected the injury. My eyes searched his face intently. His face changed from shock, to confusion, to downright fury in a matter of seconds.

That was pretty convincing, if he was the one who did it.

"Someone was at my house yesterday," I found myself saying. I don't know why I've become such a truth-teller these days, but I can't control it. I need to let it all out. "He knew about us. He wanted revenge."

"Who?" he growled, looking furious.

"That's what I'm trying to find out," I whisper, my eyes tearing up. "I'm not safe in my own house, Josh."

Suddenly, his arms were around me, securely holding me to his chest. I hugged him back, squeezing my eyes tightly, refusing to let tears fall. I need to be strong. I knew many eyes were on us right now, but that was the least of my concern.

"I don't want you going back there. I don't want you sleeping there."

"My parents won't want me to stay with you, they don't even know you." I sighed, my mouth feeling sticky as we parted.

"We'll work something out. If you say you're not safe, then you're not staying there. I don't care what your parents say."

I looked up at him through my lashes, in admiration. Wow. He actually cares?