Chapter Thirteen

--------------------

Dedication: Thank you to Dreaminginmars for the cover! Also thank you for being so supportive by commenting and voting so much. I really appreciate it. :)

Recap:

"Oh yeah, how's that going?"

"Horrible."

She laughed. "It sounds horrible."

I looked over my shoulder to see Isaac sliding into his car. I froze, feeling sick in the stomach.

There was someone in the passenger seat.

And it looked a hell lot like Casey.

---------------

My phone rang for the eighth time.

I stared at the screen. Isaac. I shook my head, glaring at my phone.

Casey was in the car with him. I felt sick. I still feel sick, and that was almost a week ago.

"Who's calling you?" Marissa asked, with a frown. "Feels like your phone has been ringing for ages."

"It's Isaac," I muttered.

"Oh yeah, that guy," she said with a nod. I didn't quite like the smirk she gave me, implying that something was going on. "Why are you ignoring him?"

"It's complicated."

"Okay," she said with a frown.

I shoved my phone into my bag. We had a free period, so Marissa has dragged me to the library. She was doing English homework but I couldn't focus enough to do any school work. My mind was on one thing, like always.

Casey.

I heard footsteps and glanced up, seeing Josh enter. He had a text book in his hand, headphones plugged into his ears.

Our eyes met. He gave me an awkward look, before ducking his head and finding a table near the back. I shook my head. He was pathetic.

"You're really bringing a negative vibe with you today."

"Sorry," I sighed, giving Marissa an apologetic smile.

"You can tell me if you want."

"Thanks."

She bit her lip, before returning back to her work.

This was not the time or place to tell Marissa. Saying everything out loud would make it seem real. When it's not. Right?

"Sadie," a voice barked and I cringed.

Amelia.

"What?"

"Isaac wants you to call him."

She couldn't try to keep the distaste off her face.

Clearly someone wasn't impressed with out phone calls and meet ups. I smirked to myself. Sucked in.

"Nah."

"He insists."

I shrugged. "Don't really want to."

"Fine," she snapped. "Not like I care anyway."

"Cool."

She let out a huff, before marching back to wherever she came from. Marissa and I exchanged a look, before laughing.

"She's something, isn't she?" Marissa commented.

"Yep."

I leaned back in my chair and felt my bag vibrate again. I sighed. Withdrawing my phone, I slid my thumb across the screen as I stood up.