Chapter Twenty Nine

-----------------------

Dedication: LostBubblegum for voting for so many of the chapters! Thank you!

Recap:

We rounded the corner, just as the bell buzzed, when I ran into Owen.

His eyes widened in surprise as he saw me. Neither of said a word and Marissa cleared her throat uneasily.

He reached out and grabbed my arm, pulling me after him.

"We need to talk."

---------------------

I felt a stir if nervousness as I stared into the eyes of the person who has obsessed over me for the past few months

I felt a stir if nervousness as I stared into the eyes of the person who has obsessed over me for the past few months. The guy who tried relentlessly to ask me out and even force himself onto me.

"Sadie," Owen began, throwing his fingers through his dark hair, his eyes looking anywhere but at my face.

"Owen," I stated in a much firmer tone than he used, my eyes staring at his, waiting for them to meet mine.

"What happened at the party..." he trailed off, looking awfully uncomfortable. "I was completely out of line. I know being on drugs is no excuse but I wasn't myself that night. You have to know I would never do that to you."

"You did do that to me," I snapped.

He winced, looking down to the floor.

"I'm going to be late," I said with a sigh, moving around him.

"Look, I'm sorry, okay? I don't blame you for Isaac coming after me. I deserved it. I'm just... Sorry."

I didn't reply. I pulled my hand from his arm and walked to class, feeling a little shaken.

With my legs feeling like jelly, under the scrutinising gazes of my peers, I shakily slid into the plastic chair beside Marissa's. She sent me a sympathetic stare.

I hardly paid attention to the work we're meant to do, because I'm so far behind. I have no idea what topic we're even up to. Marissa slid her notebook over and I began to pour myself over it, trying to stick the information in my brain.

"Don't stress, we can go make photocopies at lunch," she assured me, noticing my panic-stricken face.

I just want to graduate but so many things are getting in my way. I don't know what I would do without Marissa helping me. I know her notes wouldn't be as good as mine would have been, but they will be helpful, nonetheless.

"Okay, thanks."

The next class, I had Biology. Unfortunately, Marissa isn't in this class with me. I hurried to get there, to try to speak with Miss Ashdown before class starts.

"Hello Sadie," Miss Ashdown greeted in surprise, her dark hair spilling down the side of her face, her fringe pushed back with a petite, red bow. "Welcome back."