Resolves To Live

Vow to be valiant; Resolve to be radiant; Determine to be dynamic; Strive to be sincere; Aspire to be attuned.

                                     William Arthur Ward.

The trio entered Udit's new room which was quite spacious as well as well furnished for a single soul. His parents examined everything around as he simply sat on the comfortable bed, looking down with something stirring inside him, since the second Karishma held him.

"This room looks so beautiful. Udit you will be absolutely fine here". Amrita stated with a smile. She sat down on the bed beside him but before she could even caress his head, he stood up with a start confusing his parents.

"You both should leave and there is no need to either call me or visit me ever. I can take care of myself very well". He said in a hoarse voice which was devoid of any emotion. He gave his back to his parents, who were hurt with his sudden change.

"I thought you were fine a few minutes ago but seems it was a one time thing". Ansh voiced out disappointed. Amrita held his hand as they both decided to leave him alone because they knew better than anyone else that, he wasn't someone who will hear their pleas.

"Yes, it was a one time thing because certainly I don't want to show that stranger girl that my parents are throwing me here for life and I hate them for it". Came the furious reply and sighing his parents made their way to the exit.

He stood there like a statue not even making an effort to apologize or stop them, but before they could leave, Amrita turned around and with a cracking voice, spoke, "Today you might hate us for all this, but a time will come when you will understand our decision and I know the day isn't far. And one more thing Udit, if you think your pain is the bigger than all then trust me it's not, I saw the real pain in that girls eyes but surely you won't be able to understand it because you are lost in yourself."

With this they were gone, while gritting his teeth, his grip on his stick tightened and he marched upto the door, to lock it.

He turned around and resting his back on the door frame, he slid down on the floor like a lonely man in a deserted island.

Tears welled up in his brown eyes, but he didn't cry, he simply sat there, broken and hurt, feeling a deep void in his heart.

"It's better you two stay away from me forever because I don't want you people to see me in my vulnerable state. I am broken beyond repair and I don't want you two to bear my hurt too". He mused mentally as he sat there resting his head on his curled up knees which touched his chest.

He closed his eyes to calm himself down a little but a sad smile curved up on his lips.

"Now I don't even have to close the lights to stay in darkness because it's dark for an eternity". His subconscious reminded him painfully and a stray tear slid down his right eye, which he wiped away harshly with an angry look.

He didn't knew for how long he kept on sitting there in a dead silence until a familiar voice reached his ears and he cursed, "Stupid girl. Can't she ever shut her damn mouth? Since the second I have met her, she is annoying me. God knows, what is her problem? Even when she is far away, she is haunting me".

"Arghh, Karishma!!"

"Karishma, stop it. You will hurt yourself". Archana chided her over excited daughter who has her arms spread wide in the garden as she twirled around enjoying the breeze, squealing like a child and hearing her squeals, the new students came around too.

"Yayy. It's so much fun to dance here Mom".

Some holding their parents hand while some holding the caretakers hand, which were assigned the duty to take care of each one of them.