An Unknown Connection

Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye.

                                           H. Jackson Brown, Jr. 

A mind filled with fear and vulnerability is always the one that makes one human speak the truth though no matter how much they deny it on the face. Udit's situation was something very similar to those grounds only, where he was adamant on protecting his past inside his caged heart but his soul wanted otherwise. It demanded freedom.

Freedom from those heart shattering memories that always keep on haunting him like an unwanted pest in a field.

Sighing, he entered the class the next day to hear sounds of his batchmates conversing with the other. His care taker escorted him to his seat as he gave the instructions as Sheena had told him the previous day. He tried to inhale Karishma's familiar scent around him, but on not finding any, he felt something very unusual developing in the pit of his stomach.

"Searching me, are you?" He suddenly heard her melodious voice nearby and he instantly turned his head to the direction of her voice. He frowned at her sudden query but not wanting her to have the satisfaction of winning over him, he chose to cut her off right at that moment.

"What gives you the impression that I am searching you?"

"Well with the way your breathing was a little faster than usual, that is how I guessed it". She replied as a matter of fact and he scowled at her reply, not understanding that how can this girl even hear minute of minute things.

"What are your ears made up of?" He inquired finally and she started laughing at his query which annoyed him to the core.

"The usual matter why?"

"Because the way you keep your ears at every single damn thing, I am forced to believe that you are a watchman guarding us in day time". He mocked but with a little teasing in his tone which she recognized.

She chuckled and tugging her hair strands behind her ear, she teased," So you agree that I am more intelligent than you?"

"Whatever!"

"You know you should improve your humor. You suck at it". She tried to rile him up a little.

He smirked to himself shooking his head in side ways and running a hand through his hairs, he leaned in closer almost breathing in her hairs. Shock was evident on her face as she felt his minty breath on her skin as well as hairs but not wanting to create a scene, she composed herself.

"So now who is more intelligent? The one who can shut you up in a second or the one who can't even find her voice to say a word?" He mocked asked and then smiling a victorious smile, he moved back and she for sure knew that he was grinning like an idiot.

Obviously he has to. Afterall it a boys thing!

"Well if you think by doing your tactics you are going to make me back off, then you are wrong Mr. Shenoy. I haven't learnt to lose and not atleast from an over confident mule head like you". She announced with pure confidence in her tone and he so had the urge to pin her against the wall and yell at her loudly but as soon as Sheena's voice reached his ears, he turned his attention to the front rather than wasting his energy on Karishma.

Sheena scrutinized the entire class who were smiling amongst themselves and her eyes straight away landed on the stubborn couple whom she was sure that they were itching to quarrel over anything and everything.

"So guys yesterday we began the Instincts process, and according to our training we are supposed to do all the senses practice for atleast, four days so as to make you all perfect in it. So you may all begin the activity and I would continue writing your reports meanwhile." Sheena announced writing something on her notepad.