A Speechless Sacrifice!

You must be willing to make sacrifice at times, knowing the outcome will be worth it.

                                                           Justine Moore.

The situation where one human is hanging between their happiness and internal conflict, is so cataclysmic to their own mind that it leaves them scrimmaging for hours. Karishma felt herself blitzkrieging with her heart and mind for the next two days since the moment she made a life changing decision for herself. She sat in the dining hall silently toying with her food whilst Udit who sat beside her, was impatient to hear the three words from her.

He has been trying indirectly to make her confess, but something or other kept her occupied hence even if she wanted, she was not able to voice out her feelings to him.

"This is enough. Are you going to tell me what is eating you up or do you plan to play dumb for the rest of our lives?" Udit's angry yet annoyed tone reached her ears bringing her out of her trance.

She gulped a lump down her throat hearing the warning present in his tone.

"Stay here and play dumb. I m going". He got up pushing away his plate rudely, and was about to leave when she held his wrist and apologized in a scared and sincere tone, "I am sorry. Please don't leave the food in half way. I was just missing Mom".

He sighed feeling guilty for almost scaring her, and sat down on his place, satisfied with her answer. He didn't doubted her words because he himself was missing his parents a lot after the function. Maybe it was time he talked to them whole heartedly.

"You know you are stupid". He teased pinching her nose making her smile.

"Haww, you are mean. Go I won't talk to you". She acted being offended by his words and he laughed feeding her from his spoon. She smiled and ate from his hand, repeating the gesture.

They kept on facing each other without moving. Their soul-less eyes seeing right through them. Who has even said that love is done with eyes, it's always blind, so whats even the need of physical eyes to see the one we love? Won't we be able to form their image in our heart just by analyzing their gestures for us which actually talk more than words?

"Ahem, ahem!" They both came out of their world with the sound of two chorus coughing voices, and without a doubt, they knew it was Sheena and Ranveer.

"Look Veer, we disturbed their beautiful moment, all because of you". Sheena played a prank as she knew Udit was going to go crazy now over Ranveer.

"What? When did I asked you to disturb them?" Ranveer cried horrified as he saw Udit's features becoming angry.

"If you were not my teacher, I would have punched you". Udit warned dangerously making Ranveer cough seeing his solid biceps through his T-shirt. Sheena started giggling like a teenager, sitting down opposite to them whilst Ranveer joined them scared of Udit a little.

His eyes went to Karishma who was again lost in her thoughts, but considering it his over thinking mind, he pushed aside the matter, as they talked casually about the upcoming training for the primary batch, until it was time for them to call night.

Udit walked Karishma to her room in pure silence. She was guilty for lieing to him but she didn't had a choice. She made her decision and she will never back off from it.

"Good night!" She wished entering her room, but before she can lock the door, he entered her room, shutting the door behind him, shocking her completely.

He leaned his back against the door, and jerked her body towards himself holding her wrist. She rested her palms on his chest, trying to calm her over racing heart beat. She was sure he can hear the loud thumping of her heart against her ribcage.