Positive Attitude

It always seems impossible until it is done.

                                                    Nelson Mandela.

The heavy droplets of rain kept on pouring over their heads, but neither of them moved nor said a word. They simply stood there in the others hold noting down the sound of their heavy breathings. Their lips were quivering due to the cold wind blowing with the rain but that didn't made them get away from the other.

Seconds turned into minute, minute turned into minutes but none of them broke the contact of their hands on the others body. It was like they were hypnotized by their touch and none of them wished to come out of that dazed state where unintentionally their subconscious were talking with the other.

After what felt an eternity, Udit removed his hands from her waist, and brought his one palm upwards, to cup her cheek. Karishma could sense the movements of his hand but she chose to remain quiet for the impending time.

Cupping her one cheek, he leaned in and then what felt like a rose petal caressing her forehead, she felt his soft lips pecking her forehead.

Baffled would be an understatement for what she felt in that moment. It was something she didn't thought would ever happen atleast not from him. It was her first forehead kiss by a male and she found it absolutely hard to believe that, it was Udit.

"I have tried all ways to push you away from my life. Anger, hurting, rude words and ignorance but today for the first time, I am asking you genuinely to not dig up my past because those things which gives us pain should always be left untouched. By bringing all those things up, don't make it more harder for me". He requested taking two steps backwards and making good amount of distance between them.

And suddenly she felt empty in her heart and soul.

For the first time since their meeting, she felt his helplessness, through his words but she was determined to bring him out of his haunting past. Because there can't be a new beginning unless and until the past hatchets are buried under the ground.

"What makes you believe that by reminiscing the past, you will only get hurt? Why don't you take it in a positive way that it will help you to get rid of the emotional stress you are trying to cope up since days?" She asked him stating logical points pushing aside the touch of his lips from her forehead.

"You know what Udit, I always thought guys are strong to deal with anything but now I know, infront of a female you will always remain weak. No matter how much physically strong you try to portray yourself but mentally and emotionally, you are weaker than an infant". She added and started to leave in the way she remembered coming from previously whilst he stood there grasping her words. 

He scratched the back of his neck, and closed his eyes, replaying her words again and again. Sighing he took a deep breath, and made his way to his room absent mindedly with the help of his stick.

Sheena who was standing in the corridor hidden till now, immediately jumped out of no where to help Udit once she was sure that Karishma reached her room safely.

"Udit!!" She called and and he halted on his steps hearing her footsteps near him.

"Done talking with Karishma?" She purposely questioned him and he shrugged his shoulders continuing his walk. She suppressed her laugh but seeing his clenched jaws, she bit her lip and followed him maintaining her distance.

"Your room is here!" She announced opening the door for him as he stepped inside and slammed the door shut on her face making her chuckle.

"Gosh. This guy has hell loads of temper. Don't know how Karishma handles him?" She mused chuckling to herself and made her way to her room, planning her next move.