Chapter 7

The court was silent, Clary looked at Izzy.

Izzy's face was full of hurt as tears streamed down. Simon got up rubbing Isabelle's back.

"She is one of us! And Ill prove it!" Isabelle yelled.

She swiftly ran out her seat before anyone could stop her and out the court only to come back with Luna.

The girl clung to Isabelle hiding behind her.

"Only a rune will prove shes strong enough to be one of us and if she isn't well matters are solved for you anyway." Isabelle said looking at her father.
"The girl isn't of age." Robert said.
"If she can shes to stay at the New York institute close to her family."

Luna came out from behind Isabelle running towards the inquisitor.

Perhaps it is for the best to try a Voyance rune on the girl. Brother Enoch said.

"You are all sick!" Clary sobbed.

Jace kept a grip on her to keep her from causing any problems.

The inquisitor looked away taking his stele out. He bend down to eye level with the girl. He started to talk to the girl and the girl responded aggressively.

She lunged on Robert yelling and biting him. Everyone was silent as he struggled to get a grip of the girl.

"STOP IT!" Clary yelled.

Clary tried to get out of Jace's grasp but it was as hard as steel. 

The girl breathed hard as the inquisitor pinned her down. The stele shined in his hand.

"You might feel a light sting." The inquisitor said.

His words were a lie. Those who were half fey felt more than a sting. Runes were more painful for them.

As the stele touched the girls right hand she gave out a yell and kicked her legs.

Izzy put her hands to her face falling to her knees. Clary tugged on Jace's grip.
Jocelyn sobbed into Luke's chest.