Chapter 9

"The Morgenstern girl is to stay at the New York institute. She is to be raised as any shadowhunter and to stay away from the fair folk. Anything out of her ordinary demon nature is to be immediatly reported to the Clave." The inquisitor declared.

Clary gripped Jaces hand tightly but his remained stiff. She turned to look at him.

"Whats wrong?"
"Clary, I don't think this is a good idea."
"And why would that be?"

"Oh calm down bro, shes 6 not 3." Izzy laughed.

Jace walked away leaving Clary to figure out a way to take the girl back to New York without the girl screeching.
She walked over to see what her and Kaelie were doing.

She stood besides Kaelie who looked at her as if she just seen a ghost. Clary understood why.

"Round, and round the world goes!
My father'll burn the Nephlim!
Those lying little bastards.
La la la la laa."

"You told her?"
"No." Kaelie said horrified.
"Then?" Clary whispered.
"Shes figured it out on her own?" Kaelie suggested.

Clary reached out to touch Luna who was playing with a flower.

"Luna? Are you okay?"
"Hu?" She blinked looking up at Clary.
"The clave shouldn't know about that. It may cause a great scandal." Kaelie whispered.
"Right, come on Luna."
"Im not moving from here!" She yelled.

Clary looked at Kaelie who shrugged. Jocelyn came over with Luke.

"Whats the matter?" Luke asked.
"She denies leaving. And I really cant carry her back, nor want to make a fuss." Clary sighed

Jocelyn reached out to the girl who flinched.

"Don't touch me!"

It was 30 minutes later and yet they couldn't get the girl to budge.

"Whats taking so long!" Jace said frustrated.

He came forward pulling the girls arm who whined as he tugged. Frustrated he swung her over his shoulder as she yelled.

Jace yelled out a series of curses as she bit him and reached for his stele quickly drawing a Quietude rune. The girl wailed and slumped taking shallow breathes.