Chapter 24

"1 , 2 wrong again. 3, 4 try again. 5, 6 mum's nut home. 7, 8 ..."
" Luna?" Alec said.

Luna got up as if in a trance walking down the institute hall. She went into her room and picked up her stele and began drawing on the floor. Alec observed and held his witchlight out seeing Luna's eyes that reminded him off Sebastian's.

"Magnus! Magnus!" Alec yelled.

Magnus came rushing forward and nearly dropped his mug of coffee. Instead he spit it out.

"By the angel!" Magnus yelled. He placed his cup on a drawer and rushed toward Luna.
"Luna, Luna!"
"Luna is gone."
"Release her you..you whatever you are!"
"Its quite strange to be back and see you all. Out of all my traits this girl has nothing but my pale skin and the stupid Fairchild's green eyes. Stupid genes didnt give her my blonde hair either nor her mothers ginger hair."
"Sebastion." Alec said.

At that moment Lunas eyes rolled to her head. She gave a cry out and closed her eyes.

"Tell Clarissa to fetch the Silent Brothers."
"But.."
"Now! Alexander!"
Alec stumbled and ran for help. Moments later Clary ran in with Jace.

Clary clenched on to Luna while Jace examined the markings Luna had made by carving on the floor. He was about to step in the circle when Luna gained conscious and pushed Jace out the way and the circle came to life with red light.

Luna doubled over in the light of the circle and shrieked.

Jace walked forward as if someone were calling him.

"No Jace get away!" Alec pulled him away as Jace struggled against him. Clary closed the door to the room keeping Jace out.

"Magnus do something!" Clary yelled.
"Luna, baby hold on." Magnus said.

Luna shrieked in response. She sat up pressing her hand against the barrier. A shadow appeared behind her.