201

Hey due to the stuff in this episode I thought I should say trigger warning, feel free to skip this chapter.

I sat on that cold staircase for a solid 20 minutes after I had finished crying. The entire time I sat there I wondered what to do. If I asked Ginny, she would tell me that this is the exact reason why I should have stayed out of everything involved with Beacon Hills and Scott McCall. In that moment, I couldn't help but think that she was right. I should have tried much harder to live a normal life, at least then that would have been a bit easier, and less painful.

I was so angry that I let Stiles' words get to me. I mean I've only known them for a few weeks, at this point, so why should I let it bother me. I knew it was because I invested whatever faith I had in them and their ability to make me feel like I wasn't alone. Scott's a freaking werewolf for crying out loud, and I found so much comfort in the fact that I wasn't the only person dealing with abnormal problems. Everyone was so nice to me, and it came with a new wave of hurt that I realized they're just incredible liars. I mean I should have seen it coming, with how great Stiles was at lying to his dad.

But then to find out not only do they not trust me, despite the many times I have proven to them that they can, they don't even like me. I thought I had found good people to devote my feelings and time in. And maybe they are good people, just not to me. 

So I was back to square one. A witch all alone, in a town where other supernatural creatures exist, but still an outsider. The only person apparently on my side is Ginny. How is that for normality? So if I'm not to be trusted, and none of my so-called new friends really liked me, then what the hell am I doing trying to help figure out who a dark druid is? Why should I bother, I mean even if I found the real darach, I bet Stiles would still think that it was me somehow. 

I hated that. I hated how much it stung to hear that come from him. To hear he doesn't like me, to hear he doesn't trust me. I hated it. I hated that I thought I had found friendship in him after what had happened in New York. But not even my old coven had accused me of murder. No, they just accused me of being capable, even when I'm not. 

I had also considered cutting all ties, and leaving the alpha pack and the darach to Scott and his pack. But every bit of a conscience I had told me I couldn't. People were dying, and if I had the opportunity to save them, then I couldn't let my hurt feelings get in the way. I knew that for now, I had to be the bigger person and help put an end to it even though I really didn't want to.

On those steps I made a promise to myself. When all of this was said and done, I would leave them alone. I'll stop helping, I'll stay out of it, I'll look to lead as normal of a life as a witch can in Beacon Hills. I'll leave Stiles and his friends alone, just like he seems to want, and I'll just be on my merry way until college. Ginny is going to love it.

I was about to head back to my room when I heard feet hopping down the stairs. I turned around and saw the last person I wanted to see.

"Hey June, are you hungry? I was about to head over to the vending machines," Stiles asked me.

I didn't think about what to do for tonight. Do I confront him? Do I lie to him like he had been doing to me?

Not wanting to deal with the awkwardness of being on a bus with him tomorrow before I was free from him, I went with the latter.

"Uh - sure," I stated, and we went to the vending machine.

Boyd was already there, staring oddly at the candy in the machine. He typed in 201, and the piece of candy was stuck halfway out.

"Oh - hang on. You know what? I have a patented method for this," Stiles smiled, "Don't worry."

He gripped the top of the vending machine, and looked like he was about to shake it. Before he could, Boyd's fist went straight through the glass at an alarming speed, sending me jumping back. Boyd took out some corn nuts and menacingly walked away, not uttering a single word. Stiles and I stared at his retreating figure, and I heard some shuffling behind me. I turned to see Stiles indiscreetly taking some of the food.