Help, My Friends are Seeing Things!

I could not have felt more out of place.

I shrugged on my tan leather jacket to feel some sense of dressing down, when in all honesty I could not feel more dolled up. I slipped on my black heels for school, and looked in the mirror to check that there was no lipstick in my teeth. I sighed, stuffing a pair of converse in my backpack and then proceeded downstairs to the smell of bacon.

"Morning June!" Ginny turned cheerily towards me, and froze. "What are you wearing?"

"Lydia doesn't believe that I own more than one nice outfit

"Lydia doesn't believe that I own more than one nice outfit." I mumbled.

"What in the hell does that mean?"

"Like the first day of school outfit I had? Afterwards I kind of stuck to less formal than what she normally wears."

Ginny shrugged, "Well, it is a bit of a downplay from what you have worn in the past." Her tone was too similar to that of a mom who doesn't want to tell her kid that the picture they drew was actually atrocious. 

My mouth kept opening and closing like a fish struggling to breathe, "The past also included my life literally being like I was on the set of Gossip Girl everyday! Where I went to a private school, and my friends were all socialites! And I lived in the Upper East Side!"

Ginny was cracking up, and I narrowed my eyes at her, "I'm glad you find this so funny."

"It's just - since when do you care? You used to love dressing like that."

"Well that was until I met Lydia Martin, okay? The girl could probably make Victoria Beckham feel like she was wearing a trash bag."

"So this is... some form of retaliation?"

I slipped on the sunglasses I picked with the outfit, "More like, 'Get off my back, Lydia.'"

"You have fun with that." I kissed her on the cheek, and walked to my car.

                                                                  *****

"What in the hell is that?"

I brushed off the feeling of people staring as they walked by when I walked up to Lydia, "Good morning to you too, lovely."

"What are you wearing?"

"A skirt." She raised an eyebrow.

"A Tory Burch Jacket, a Burberry tee, a Marni skirt, and are those Louboutin's?"

I smiled, "I told you I could dress nice."

Her mouth dropped, "Okay, point proven. Now after school we're seriously going through your closet."

"Why?"

"Spring cleaning."

"Lydia, it's October."