Devil's Night

"I'm sorry, Mischief Night?" I asked Stiles, as we walked across the parking lot.

"Yes, June. AKA the best day and night of the year!" I stopped and turned to him.

"Isn't it just an excuse for teenagers to vandalize things?" I looked over at Stiles.

He paused and shook his head in disbelief, "No - what. C'mon, it's Coach's birthday. It is literally the sign of all signs from the gods that we pull pranks."

"You want to pull a prank on the man with by far the shortest fuse I have ever witnessed?"

"No offense, June but you don't know Coach like I do. He loves today, he secretly looks forward to it every year."

"Again, are you just saying this so that you can feel better about messing with this stuff?"

"Maybe." I started walking again, and Stiles trailed after me. "Oh please, June! Didn't you ever do anything like that at your old school?"

"Do I need to remind you that I went to a private school in the Upper East Side? Literally all of those kids had sticks so far up their butts you'd think they were kebabs. What they did was wait until the next day, Halloween, to illegally drink like everyone else does. Except you, clearly."

Stiles started his rebuttal when I looked across the quad to see Scott getting off his bike, and next to him were the two twins who recently turned his face into a punching bag. I seized Stiles' hand and marched him over to Scott.

"June, what - oh. Oh," Stiles said and kept with my brisk pace to the twins. We heard them say that they just wanted to talk.

"Ah, that's kind of a change of pace for you guys, seeing as how you're usually just hurting, maiming, and killing." Aiden rolled his eyes at Stiles.

"You need a pack," He stated plain as day, "And we need an alpha."

"Yeah, absolutely not," I scoffed. "That's hilarious though."

"You came to us for help, and we helped," Ethan argued.

I awkwardly turned to face Scott and Stiles, looking at them in disbelief before turning back to the twins. "You beat his face into a bloody pulp. Not to mention I'm pretty sure this one liked it," I pointed at Aiden and he scowled at me.

"Yeah and that's not helping," Stiles agreed. "In my opinion that's actually counterproductive."

"Why would I say yes?" Scott said, letting them pitch to us.

"We'd add strength. We'd make you more powerful. There's no reason to say no." Aiden said simply. Stiles rolled his eyes and made one of the oddest faces I have ever seen.

"I can think of one." I spitballed. "Like the two of you holding Derek's claws while Kali impaled Boyd."

"Are you even in Scott's pack, witch? Why are you talking?" Ethan growled at me. I turned to Scott and Stiles, who were scowling slightly.

I smiled, turning back to make eye contact with the former alphas, "In fact, I'm not even sure why we're not impaling them now."

Aiden bared his teeth and growled at me, "Do you wanna try?"

I stepped closer to him and whispered, "Do you need me to get you a ruler?"

Scott pulled me back and Stiles laughed, "Sorry, but they don't trust you. And neither do I." Together, we walked through them and into the school. As soon as we bust through the doors, Stiles was hit with a roll of toilet paper.

"That's my - that's my face!" He said in a 'come on' attitude. He pat Scott on the chest.

"Hey dude, good decision. Good alpha decision."