The Most Inconvenient Root Cellar Ever

Of the two of them, Stiles was the first to wake up. He had been slumped in his seat and leaning against the window. Before he opened his eyes, he could feel liquid matted on his forehead like sweat. He reached up to touch his head, and a sharp pain made him open his eyes. He drew his fingers back into his line of sight, and saw the red coating them.

It was then that everything came flooding back to him. The storm, which was still raging, how he couldn't see, how June yelled at him before they crashed into the tree.

June.

Stiles looked over to the passenger's side of the jeep, and his eyes widened. "June?" He called out. June looked like the jeep had decided to play tug of war with her. Her left arm was tangled with her seatbelt, while the rest of her was sprawled out on the dashboard. There was blood running down from the top of her head. Stiles looked up and could see a fissure of cracks on his windshield that had blood smeared in it. There were other gashes on her arms, and broken glass sat in her lap.

"June! Hey, June," Stiles tried again. She wasn't moving, and it was starting to scare Stiles. Stiles slowly sat up, and reached over to her. He moved the strands of hair from her face and reached for her neck, placing two fingers on a vein running through her neck. He sighed in relief when he felt her heartbeat.

He placed his hand on her shoulder tentatively, and shook her. "June, we gotta go, wake up." Nothing. "June," He shook her again. "June! Come on, June wake up. June?"

*****

Across town, Ginny and Lydia were watching a battle of Roman proportions. While Kali came to the loft with the intention of killing Derek, she got a little more than she bargained for when Jennifer Blake literally dropped through the ceiling, showering everyone with glass.

Kali lunged forward with every intention of killing her emissary. Jennifer flawlessly dodged every single blow, and sent her flying backward with a pulse of energy. Ginny could only pray in her heart that this would never happen between her and June. In that moment she made a promise to herself and June that she would never put June in a situation where she felt she would have to.

Jennifer had run over to the two alpha twins. Behind her back they were trying to form their monster wolf and put a stop to the darach. Before they could even get close, Jennifer pulled the two apart, knocking them down. Kali took this as an opportunity to attack from behind, but Jennifer still had the upper hand. She ducked under Kali's clawed feet and backed into the center of all the broken glass.

"That's right, Kali look at me. Look at my face," Jennifer said scathingly. "Do you have any idea what it takes to look like this? To look normal?"

"I don't care," Kali said, effectively pissing the darach off.

"It takes power. Power like this," Jennifer spread her arms, lifting up all the glass shards surrounding her. Ginny felt Lydia clutch onto her arm, and Ginny pulled her in close so she wouldn't have to witness what was about to happen.

"I - I should have-" Kali stuttered when the pieces of glass all pointed to her, "I should have RIPPED YOUR HEAD OFF!"

Jennifer screamed out as she shot the glass forward. Ginny squeezed Lydia tighter when the glass pierced Kali, killing the werewolf. Jennifer looked around to the two twins who had successfully merged together. They charged, and with one move, Jennifer grabbed them by the neck, snapping it cleanly and loudly. She then turned to the two women who were trembling in the corner.

"What's that line coach likes to say? 'The bigger they are...?'"

Ginny moved Lydia behind her and pulled a vial out of her pocket. Before she could break it at Jennifer's feet, the darach lifted her up by the neck and tossed her into the glass. Ginny could feel a shard pierce her arm, and cringed.