I Can't Read Minds, But I Can Visit Them

Headed to Derek's. Stiles is there. Requesting backup, over and out.

I'll admit, the last bit was a little lame, but I hoped it got the urgency across to Scott as I hit send on my phone. Within two minutes, I received a response from Scott saying he and Kira were on their way.

"Scott's on his way," I said to the sheriff as I hopped out of the cruiser. Together we all slammed our doors shut and saw Derek and Chris pull up next to us in front of the loft. We all shared a look and headed inside.

When we were about to get to Derek's front door, the sheriff turned around and addressed us.

"Now remember, it's just me. Let me talk to him and see if that works."

"And if it doesn't?" Derek asked.

"Then you guys will go in," The look on his face said that he was really hoping we wouldn't have to go in.

"We'll need some sort of signal that you need us," I told the sheriff.

Stilinski sighed, "Trust me, you'll know it." I raised an eyebrow, and before I could ask him anything else, he ascended the remaining few steps and walked into Derek's loft. We all listened with bated breath for the worst to happen. Several minutes pass, and Derek was just about to charge in when I halted him.

"Shh, stop." I said and we listened to what sounded like handcuffs go on. The next thing we all heard was indeed a very clear signal.

"You're not my son." I heard the handcuffs break and took that as our cue to walk in. We all menacingly formed a semi-circle around the nogitsune, leaving him no room for escape. Allison and I found ourselves on the sheriff's right side, while Derek and Allison's father took the left. Smirking, Stiles stared intently at me before shifting his cold gaze over to Allison.

She raised her hands to reveal a taser, and fired at him. In the blink of an eye, he caught the wires extending out to him, the electricity seeming to have no effect on him at all. His cold, vengeful gaze never left Allison's as he wrenched the taser out of her grasp, throwing it to the floor.

Derek didn't miss a beat, he bared his fangs and flashed his eyes before launching over to him. Had it been Stiles he was attacking, Stiles would have ended up as chopped liver. However, the nogitsune quickly grabbed Derek's arm, twisting it unnaturally behind his back and slamming his head into a table. When Derek tried to bounce back, Stiles sent him flying into an exposed post. My body froze when the next thing I heard was Argent whip out his gun.

The room stilled when he aimed it at Stiles. What made it so eerie was how unwavering Chris looked. His face was calm and his eyes shone bright.

"Argent, listen to me," The sheriff began, "Don't do this."

"Why not?" Chris asked. "I've done it before. Werewolves, berserkers, I could easily add a nogitsune to the list." It was at that point that Sheriff Stilinski took out his gun and aimed it directly for his head. The nogitsune took on a very amused expression.

"You're not gonna shoot my son."

"You said it yourself, Sheriff. That's not your son."

"Put it down. Put it down!"

"Dad, he's gonna shoot me," I flinched when I heard Stiles' voice. I knew it wasn't him, but I guess that's the thing with tricksters. They love fooling you. "He's gonna kill me, Dad."

"Don't listen," Chris said simply.

"Put it down," Stilinski ignored him. "Put it down, now! DO IT! PUT IT DOWN!"