Chapter 3:

"A... Dyl, this isn't the way home." I said looking at the road we usually took to get to our house, which we now passed.

He stayed silent.

"Fine. I see how it is." I said and sank down getting comfy in the chair.

We turned into another random road and then into a another till we reached a semi-sized building. Then the car stopped.

"Get out." he said. I looked at him and raised an eyebrow. I rolled my eyes at his immaturity.

I mean it was one thing to be mad that I raced with out his permission, to add, but it another to drop me off at some strange place that I didn't even know.

We walked into the build and I saw many pictures of cars on the wall.

"Good afternoon sir, can I help you?" a lady behind the desk asked.

"Yes. Can you show me the 'SFR' project please." he said

The woman's eyes widened. She nodded and led us through a door.

"Close your eyes." Dylan said to me.

"Why?" I asked.

"Just do it." he said.

I rolled my eyes and closed them. He led me somewhere and we were twisting and turning.

"You better not let me bumb into a wall. Okay?" I said.

"You can open you eyes in 3...2...1... Okay!" he said

I opened my eyes, and in front of me stood the most beautiful car I had ever seen. In fact, it wasn't just a car. It was a formula 1 car.

I started jumping up and down. Formula 1 was one of my favourite things to watch. How I wished I could ride one. I had begged my father every year to take me to the Grand Prix. He said no each time, but I have a special savings account just for that.

Anyway, enough about that. The car was a Ferrari in make and was bright red. I squealed.

"Please can I have a go?" I asked

"Are you crazy?" my brother asked

"Ahhh yes." I said to him.

"First, you are not allowed to tell dad. He thinks that Ruben is riding the car in the grand prix. But, Ruben bailed. So I needed to find a replacement. Fast. I didn't even know you raced until today. I don't think that this is a good idea, but you are the last hope. You will be acting as Ruben, he knows that someone will take his place, and I will call him up and tell him about you pretending to be him. He has qualified through all the small races, and so if you act as him, there is no need to race in all those small races. You can race as you, Annabelle every now and then, but for the GrandPrix, you are Ruben Martinez." he said. I nodded.

"Secondly, you have to use a trainer. This is quiet dangerous. I don't need my only sister hurt okay?" I nodded.

"Good."

"When do we start?" I asked him.

"Now." he said.

I nodded.

"Josh!" he shouted. Suddenly, a young, muscular man walked out a door. He had blonde messy hair. He was very yummy.

"Hey. 'S up man." Josh said and did a handshake thing with my brother.

"Annabelle. This is your new trainer, Josh."

"Nice to meet you." Josh said and high fived my hand.

"You too Josh." I said

Dylan nodded and waved. He walked inside. Probably went to his office. That silly workaholic.

"So..." I said.

"You wanna try out this baby?" Josh asked.

I nodded eagerly.

"Like the enthusiasm. But you can't." my smiled faded and I sighed. Josh probably noticed the change in my mood, because he replied, " You have to start small."

I sighed and nodded. Then, he lead me into a different room, which was a garage. It had many pictures on the wall, and it was quite a nice room. It even had a couch. And, there was like a 2010 model of a formula 1 car. I sighed in disappointment.

"There are helmets over there." he pointed to a shelf full of helmets of different sizes. I took out a small red one.

"We aren't driving anything today." he said, "you first have to get used to the car."

I frowned. Hmph. This was going to be a long, long week.

"Get in." he said.

I nodded.

"Leave the helmet."

Damn this dude was cold. Like 2-3 words cold. I rolled my eyes.

I put it down and climbed into the car. The seat was so low down.

The steering wheel had so many buttons. It was actually crazy. This car in particular had no pedals, but everything was, such as the breaks and accelator and gear change was on the steering wheel. Weird right?

Now I could understand why I had to get used to the car.

Josh started explaining some of the buttons to me and I had to take everything in. After about what seemed to be 3 hours, he finally stopped talking.

I had taken most of it in. Some I had totally forgotten. Wait... Where the hell is the seatbelt?

This was going to be f-u-n. I grinned and he helped me out the car.

"See ya tomorrow Josh." I said to him.

He nodded.

I then walked off and tried to look for my brother.

Eventually, I found him sitting behind his desk.

"Hi sis." he said grinning, "So?"

"So? It is freakin awesome!" I said to him.

"Good. Now we need to get home." he said getting up and grabbed the keys and his phone off his desk. He then led us out his office and then to where the car was parked.

I got in and so did he and started the engine.

We drove home in silence. Yet it wasn't awkward or uncomfortable. It was a nice silence.

Finally, we reached home. The sun was almost gone form the sky and I headed into the kitchen. I am starving!

"You want anything?" I shouted to my brother.

"Nah. I get stuff later. Thanks though." he shouted back.

"Okay!" I shouted once more.

I opened the fridge to find cheese, and I dug around to find some apricot jam.

Once I had found them, I quickly made a jam sandwich and bit into it. Yum.

Once I had finished I walked upstairs, took a quick shower and got into bed.

My eyes closed and I fell into a deep sleep. Tired from all of today's happenings and excitement.