Chapter 12:

After the race, we went out for ice cream and I was currently indulging myself in a bowl full of the heavenly stuff. I was cleaning off my spoon when I looked up and saw both Jason and my brother staring at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Your phone is ringing." Dylan answered.

"Oh." I said and I pulled my phone out from my pocket.

Josh was on the caller id.

I shrugged and answered it.

"Hi babe." he said as I picked it up.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Nothing just wanted to chat." he said.

"Can I call you back later?" I asked.

"Sure why?" he asked.

"Because I have two curious beings listening to every word I say." I said. He laughed.

"Okay. Chat later." he said

"Bye." I said and put down the phone.

"Who was that?" my brother asked.

My eyes drifted between Jason and Dylan who were both dying of curiosity.

"My boyfriend." I said.

"You have a boyfriend?" Jason asked.

"Yeah, kinda. I think that we are official. He hasn't really asked me as of yet." I said.

"So who is this 'boyfriend and why haven't you told me about him?" my brother asked. He looked pretty mad.

"Josh." I said.

"You didn't answer my other question." I rolled my eyes.

"We have only gone on one date." I said.

"So?" my brother asked.

"So what?" I asked.

"So why didn't you tell me." he asked me yet again.

"Can you stop asking questions?" I asked.

"No. Now answer the question." he said.

"Because. You didn't tell me about all of those girlfriends you had!" I was shouting now and glaring at my brother. I didn't have to tell him about everything. I am an adult!

My brother hurmphed. "Can we please change the subject?" he asked.

"Exactly." I said.

We chatted then again about stupid stuff. Finally, we paid and we drove back home.

We were greeted by one of my mother's friend squealing and I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw who was speaking to my mother. The door was open, and I ran past it, hoping that they wouldn't notice my presence. My brother had gone and hidden, that little twit.

"Annabelle dear, come here." my mother said and I groaned as she noticed me.

I looked down at the ice cream stained shirt that I was wearing and grimaced. I pretended that I didn't notice her calling me and I ran upstairs. In case she called me again, I slipped a dress over my head and matched it with white sandals. I grabbed the mascara and hauled on my eyelashes and poked my eye in the process. I yelped and I dropped the stupid thing and it landed on the carpet. I groaned and I bent down to pick it up.

It had messed black all over the floor and to make matters worse, my eye was starting to water.

"Annabelle, come down!" my mother shouted. I sighed and I looked at myself in the mirror. I groaned as I saw that the damn stupid mascara was smeared on my cheek. I grabbed a wet wipe and I wiped I off my face. Finally, satified that the stain was no longer as evident in the carpet, I walked downstairs. Only to face the last person I wanted to see.

"Hello Annabelle." Yolanda, my arch-nemesis said.

"Hello Yolanda." I said matching her tone.

"How is business school going?" she sneered but kept a fake smile on in front of the parents.

Inwardly, I had a bunch of 'improper and vulgar' comments to say to her, but landed up saying a simple, "I finished it early. I am now working for my father."

"Really?" she asked unimpressed.

"Yolanda is busy studying to be a fashion designer." her mother added.

I snorted, but covered it up with a sneeze.

"Bless you." my mother said.

"Thanks." I said with a slight sneer.

Yolanda and I had a glaring match once the two mothers left the room.

"You haven't changed a bit have you Annabelle?" Yolanda asked.

"Neither have you. Fake people don't tend to." I said. She laughed.

"What was that?" Yolanda asked, "Me? Fake? Honey, take a look in the mirror." she said.

"Maybe I should lend you one, seen as though you can see that the base you are wearing is caked on, and is the wrong tone. It looks like you are wearing a mask. Didn't you learn anything at fashion school?" I said to her. She raised her eyebrows. Suddenly, her hand reached up and she slapped me. My eyes widened.

"You little brat!" I said, and I was about to slap her back, but my mother decides to walk in.

"Annabelle!" my mother shouted. Yolanda looked innocently at my mother. I glared at her.

"How do I always have to be the one who gets into trouble?" I moved under my breath.

"What was that?" my mother bellowed still apparently mad at me.

"Oh nothing." I replied sinking innocently at her the same way Yolanda did.

"Well Yolandie and I best be going." Yolanda's mother said. I breathed a silent sigh of relief.

"Alright then. I will see you out." my mother said and I waved them happily out.

After a few minutes I knew what I was in for.

"How dare you?" she asked.

"She is seriously insufferable." I said to her.

"That doesn't matter. You shouldn't be slapping her! That is no way for a lady to behave!" she shouted.

"She started-" I said back.

"You sound like a sixteen year old girl!" she snapped, "and if you are acting like one, maybe I should start treating you like one!"

And to make my day ten times worse my father decides to walk in.

"Annabelle!" he shouted. I grimaced.

"Hello father." I said.

"I heard the whole conversation. I think that you behaviour is unacceptable. And until you can finally learn how to act like a twenty two year old, you are forbidden to drive the cars in the garage or even set foot into it. You can use our chauffeur." he said.

I sighed. "You had to take away my cars?" I asked.

"Yes, becasue you never learn Annabelle." my father said.

"I-" I started, my short temper instincts starting to rise, but my father shook his head.

"Enough Annabelle." he said and my shoulders slumped.

I grabbed my handbag and I walked outside. I walked to the gate and grabbed the driver.

He opened the door for me and I climbed inside.

"Where to miss Annabelle?" he asked.

"Somewhere that sells punching bags please." I said.