Chapter 27:

The day before the wedding...

At the chapel, I have been helping arrange everything. This chapel is specifically for weddings, so they have a reception area. The staff at the chapel have been so helpful. The white and red look so beautiful. We are almost done setting up.

(A/n the bottom picture is what the inside of the chapel is meant to look like

(A/n the bottom picture is what the inside of the chapel is meant to look like. Sorry about that😊)

I'm so nervous. I haven't seen Jason for the past week. Apparently, it's bad for the groom to see the bride in the week before the wedding. I rolled my eyes at that, but he has even arranged times as to when we help set up the venue, so that we don't see each other at all.

I have a nail appointment scheduled for this afternoon, after which I have been banned from doing anything, including setting up the venue, that will possibly chip them.

As I put a bouquet of flowers on the table, my phone rings. I put it in between my shoulder and my ear.

"Hello?" I answer, trying to straighten the bouquet.

"Annabelle, your nail appointment is starting in five minutes, where are you?" My mother stresses I to the phone. Time went that quickly?

"Shoot! Sorry, I'll be right there!" I reply and grab my keys. I climb into my Mustang, and put my foot down. I rush to the salon.

I check my watch, and I'm five minutes late. It should be okay though. My mom gives me a death glare, and I sit down. The lady starts filing my nails. I feel sorry for her. I hardly ever get my nails done, and they are so short, because I have a bad habit of biting them.

My mom chose what was getting done, and because she's paying fo it, she had to chose what would get done. It's a "surprise". I'm so nervous. I just hope that it isn't pointy or fake. I don't like those artificial nails.

They took so long. Almost an hour and a half to finish. Probably because my mom insisted that the same be done on my feet. I haven't been allowed to look. Finally, the lady tells me that she's they are done. I smile, my mom knows me so well. I love them. They are painted a dark red with white flowers on the ring finger. The same has been done with my toenails. I love it.