Chapter 6:

It's has officially been a week since I have ridden the car for the first time. Every afternoon I go and I race around the track. I have finally got the hang of those tricky corners and I am driving about ten times the speed I started with.

I can't go this afternoon as my mom has invited the grandparents over and she says that I have to be at home.

So I am currently sitting in my bedroom watching a 'rom-com' well, that's what my mom thinks. I am actually watching Formual 1. It feels amazing that, that is going to be me soon.

I smiled and roll over. They all crossed the finish line and I jumped with glee.

Suddenly, my phone started ringing. I looked at the caller ID. Josh. Why in the world was Josh calling me?

I slid the button and answered it.

"Annabelle?" I heard Josh say.

"Yeah?" I said. Feeling a bit awkward.

"It's Josh. I was wondering, er, if, er," he said.

Ooh, what is he trying to tell me?

Suddenly, the phone beeped and the line on the other end was blank.

Oh dammit. What was he trying to tell me?

I am so curious. Wait a second... He freakin pulled the plug on the damn call! That coward.

Suddenly a doorbell rang. Shoot! I checked the time, 16:57.

They were only coming at six!!

I ran into my closet and grabbed some white jeans, a pink flowery top and a black blazer. Then, I matched those to some black heels. I chucked everything on.

I was walking across the room with one shoe on, one hand was brushing my hair and the other trying to put on makeup.

I looked in the mirror satisfied. I bit my lip and ran out the room and ran down the stairs also putting on my other shoe.

My grandparents were all standing staring at me. Shoot. What now.

"Your shirt is on backwards." my mom stated. Wow. Way to embarrass your daughter.

I blushed and ran up the stairs and where they couldn't see me, I took off the shirt.

Suddenly, I heard footsteps and my brother was staring at me with his mouth open. Oops. He saw me in a bra.

"What?" I asked.

He shook his head. "Damn, I wish we weren't related."

"Gee, thanks." I said a bit offended.

"No really. Look at those abs! Man!"

"Um... Thanks?" I said.

"We could date if we weren't related. Idiot. But, when you do find that special guy, he better be good."

"That's creepy!" I shouted.

"You still love me though." he said and I rolled my eyes and put my shirt the right way round this time.

I walked downstairs and my grandparents were inside talking.

I walked inside and created small talk. I frowned. The women were talking about the newest fashion. The men were talking about the business. And then you get me, who is bored with both conversations and so I sat there in silence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3 hours later....

I am so bored and tired and not to mention sore too. It is now seven. They would probably be here till eleven. It's like I am not even alive.

"I'm going for a drive." I stated.

No one acknowledged the comment. I shrugged and walked out.

"Darling," my mom said as I was grabbing the keys to the Audi r8, "where are you going?"

Oh. So now they notice.

"For a drive!" I shouted back.

"Honey, you can't just leave in the middle of the visit!" she shouted "Annabelle co-"

Before she got to finish her sentence, I had already started the car and was driving out the driveway.

I took off my high heels as I pushed the accelerator. I smiled as I sifted the gears and the car drove faster. I pumped the music up loud.

"This is no mistake, no accident!" I sang to Katy Perry's newish song rise. I carried on singing and my destination came into view, I parked the car, and went barefoot.

I chucked off the silly shirt, and grabbed the t-shirt that I assumed was Dylan's in the car and pulled it over my head.

I smiled and I could finally breathe.

I walked to the tree which held our tree house. Where as kids we used to hold club meetings and kissing sessions.

This was my handiwork. My best friends and I built this this up. It was our hiding place. It was in a big oak tree, which was surrounded by many trees, so it was quite hidden if you didn't know it was there.

I haven't been here in say, a few years.

My friends probably don't even remember about it anymore.

I climbed up the ladder.

I opened the door. Everything was as we had left it. There were bean bag chairs in the middle with a rug and there was our chest that we kept special things like notebooks, pens, emergency sweets and many other bits and bobs.

There was also a cheap guitar in the corner which we played every now and then.

I picked it up and sat in a bean bag chair. I then plucked the strings and sang our song.

As I ended the song, I put the guitar down, and opened the chest.

Inside were our old notebooks and photos.

As I took them out, I smiled, remembering those happy times.

I looked at one photo of myself, my best friend Lara, her boyfriend and my ex.

We looked so happy. I was so happy. I thought the relationship would never end. But he moved away to California, and we didn't want to put ourselves through the long distance relationship. I have lost contact with Lara and her boyfriend. I don't even know if they are still a thing. Probably not.

I looked through more photos. There was another with one of my other close friends. Him, my boyfriend, and I were laughing, his name was Ace. He would quite handsome, and was the group bad boy.

I sighed as I lost contact with him too.

I have many more new friends. But sometimes I just wish I could have stayed in contact with my old ones.

I frowned as I remembered the terrible day I have been having. Mom and I contionusly fighting. The whole business thing. My brother. Dad. The Blake industries. I never imagined my life to be like this.

My life was meant to be easy. I frowned down at a notebook.

I opened and read:

25 September 2016
I find myself here again and again.
Look through all the memories of her and me. Me and her. I wish things were different. I wish I could remember how to play our song. I wish I knew how to turn back time. If only that could've been us.
-author not going to be specified.

Shocked, I put the book back into the chest. It must be Lara's boyfriend right? I mean he still lives here I think? The diary entry was a few weeks ago.

No one must know I was here. I put the guitar back, and left everything how it was. I grabbed my keys and walked back to my car.

The engine purred back to life and I was going to have to face the giant at home sometime.

The clock read 10:43. Damn I was here for long.

I then began the drive home. Hoping to keep my cool as I inside, waiting for hell to break loose.