Chapter 19:

I pulled the car into the designated road and drove it just outside to the pit crew. They started changing tires and checking other stuff.

They helped me put the car and I walked into the garage. I closed the door and went into my separate room. I climbed out my uniform and into my 'fan gear'. A black cap saying Blake industries on it, black shorts and a navy blue shirt with also said Blake industries on it. I put on some back nikes, and hid my sweaty, helmet hair into a bun. I wet my face and dried it. I needed to look like I wasn't just running a marathon. You know how sweaty those helmets can be and my ears are still ringing from the high pitched hum of the engine. I leave my uniform in the room and walk out into the garage. Ruben has somehow got in there. You can see his broken arm if you knew he had one. It isn't in a sling, but its in a cast, but the uniform covers it.

"Hey." he says. "Come into the change room will you?" he asks. I nod and he closes the door behind him.

"I never knew you were so good!" He says. "Well done out there today."

"What did I place?" I asked as I looked at the racer.

"Forth." He said grinning at me.

"Seriously?" I ask. I thought I would place 8th at the most.

"For a beginner racer, that is a gig achievement. I'm so proud of you." He says and walks out. The crowd cheers as he walks by the podium. Of course he wouldn't be on it, I placed forth, but the crowd seemed perfectly happy. He went to the interviewers and I made my way onto the grandstands. I found my seat next to some old man wearing a Ferrari cap and he had one of those glove things on with the one finger pointing up. He looked at me.

"You support the Blakes eh?" He asked. I simply nodded. The seat next to me was empty.

A young guy holding a camera came and sat next to me. He had these huge sunglasses on and a huge grin.

"Supporter of Blake industries?" He asks with a raised eyebrow.

"Yup." I say and he nods.

"Bunch of rich spoiled brats if you ask me." He says.

"You would be surprised. We have to work to earn money and have to pay to stay in our house. Plus, my parents aren't the easiest." I snap back. His eyes wide. 

"Wait... you're The daughter right? Annabelle?" He asks.

"Yeah." I say shrugging.

"Where are your parents?" He asks.

"I have no idea." I say, "there is a little tension between us at the moment. But that is personal, and none of your business." I fire at him and turn to watch the awards.

"Where were you during the race?" He asks again. Nosy fellow ain't he?

"I was sitting closer." I said. He shrugged.

Winners were announced. I placed fourth. I did a mini dance in my head and I threw my fist up in excitement. The guy next to me looked at me strange.

"You came forth!" He says flicking his hands up for deeper effect.

"No. I didn't. Ruben did. I wasn't driving silly." I state and the guy raises an eyebrow.

"I know, I was just stating that you came forth, because you are the sponsors." He says rolling his eyes.

"Oh." I laugh it off.

"And you came forth. The team I support came second." He brags. I roll my eyes.

"So what? Maybe we were just getting started!" I say. I am just getting started. Don't be surprised when I ram the car into your arrogant face. I say in my head. Imagine if that really happened, I would laugh.

The awards ceremony is over and the people start leaving the grandstands. I gather my things and do the same. I get into my car, and sigh in happiness. I came forth. I freakin won! Well kinda.

I turn on the ignition, and drive away triumphantly. I tune the radio on at an English station and the news come on.

"Ruben Martinez comes in at forth, which for Blake industries is quite a feat for being in the grand epic for the first time. Despite the heavy competition, and Ruben's recent injuries, he has done us all proud. Well done Martinez!" A man announced says.

I smile to myself, I'm in the news! "Ha! Beat that Yolanda!" I say to myself throwing my fist in the air. A guy driving next to me looks at me strange. He sees the cap on my head and he bends down. He places a cap on which also says "Blake industries." He is very tanned and had dark hair and hazel eyes. He grins at me. I grin back. He winks and puts his foot on the accelerator. I laugh and roll my eyes. I push down on the accelerator hard and I catch up to him.

We are racing and we finally stop at a red traffic light. He rolls down the window and I do the same. He hands me a paper, with a wink and he drives away.

I open the paper. I read it and burst out laughing.

"I like a girl with good taste in drivers.
My phone number.
Call me." It says in fancy writing, and underneath is his phone number.

I grin and place it into my bag. See Josh? I don't need you!

My phone beeps. I look down at it. A message from my mother. I ignore it.

I type the mystery man's number into my phone. I breathe in. Okay. I lift my phone to my ear. It's ringing. Oh boy. I click the end call button. Nope. I'm not going to do it.

The hotel comes into sight and I park the car. I walk up to my hotel suite. I open the door, and my brother is sitting on one of the couches. He looks up at me and smiles.

"Anniebelles!! You did it!!" He said.

"Ah, that was only day one." I say and push hair that has fallen into my face out the way.

"What about mom and dad? What do they think?" I ask.

"They are pretty pleased. Although, they still want a first place." He says truthfully. I sigh. Expectations expectations.

"Well, I don't think that I can make it. I'll try my hardest." I sigh.

"Nothing less Belle." My brother pulls me into a hug. I sigh and rest my head on his strong shoulders. I love him so much.

A/N guys, I am so so sorry!!! I haven't updated in like forever, I have been super busy!! Exams almost killed me, but I managed to survive as best as I could. Anyway I hope that you liked it! I will try to update more okay? Love y'all.