Chapter 20

The after party was starting at 8:30. I put on a navy cocktail dress, which came up to my knees, I added peach stilettos and accessories, and I tied my hair into a pony tail. When I was satisfied, I grabbed my phone and headed to the venue.

When I arrived, the place was already pumping with people and music. They hired a DJ, and I crossed my fingers that I wouldn't see the one person that I couldn't stand at the moment. Josh. I took a breath, and headed inside. People were dancing, and drinking, and as I was liked in, I could immediately feel that I stick out like a sore thumb. I have been to many parties, but nothing with so many chics in short dresses, and so many fancy cocktails. There seems to only be young adults at this party. This is Dylan's fault.

I sigh as I look around at the chaos. I search the crowds looking for a familiar face. I don't find one. I shrug and head over to the bar.

"For you miss?" the bartender asks.

"A small glass of Vodka please." I ask.

"Sure." He says and hands me my drink.

I take it from him and walk over to some couches, and take a seat. As soon as I sit down, some guy decides to as well.

"What you have there good looking?" He asks, and I raise an eyebrow.

"That is none of your concern. What does it matter anyway? I don't want to hook up with you." I say.

"Feisty. Nice." he says and puts an arm around me. I grab it and swing it back to him.

"Keep your hands off. You can't touch this." I say, dusting non-existent dust off my shoulder, and climb off the ouch. I sigh and walk up to the dance floor. I put my drink down and try to at least try to have a good time. But not knowing anyone here. I hat fake smiles, and it feels that I am putting one on now. I don't see Dylan. I'm leaving. I put the glass, still full of vodka which doesn't taste as nice as it used to and I exit the venue.

I climb into my car, and take off my high heels. I put on a par of white sneakers, which I left in the car, and drive away. I take a left and drive to the top of the hill overlooking the city. When I arrive at the lookout point, I turn off the gas and and climb out the car. I walk over to the bench and sit down, admiring the vast views of the city in darkness.

"Beautiful isn't it?" A deep voice says from next to me. I look over. A guy is sitting on the opposite side of the bench, it's dark so I can't see his face, but he is in a tux, and jeans. He has a strong jaw in his silhouette.

"It is." I say looking at the view.

"Not as beautiful as you, Annabelle." a voice very familiar says.

"Jason?" I ask surprised. He doesn't seem fazed by my realization.

"Look. Josh is a douche. Don't give up on the rest of the species okay?" He says. I laugh. Wow. I never saw that coming. Ever.

"I won't." I look at him. He looks so innocent.

"Do you want to go somewhere?" He asks. I'm taken aback.

"What? Like as a date?" I ask, and I already know the reply.

"Why not?" He flings back easily.

"Isn't it like illegal to date your best friend's little sister or something?" I ask rhetorically. He laughs.

"Could be. But I like breaking the rules." He shrugs. I roll my eyes.

"Fine. Maybe we could break the rules just this once." I say looking at my sneakers. Cheesy much.

"Good. Let's go." He says.

"Wait, whose car?" I ask.

"Yours. I took a taxi here." He nods towards the Ferrari.

"What? Jason took a Taxi? No wonder it's so chilly out here!" I shout sarcastically. He rolls his eyes.

"Can I drive?" I ask, "I know that it might not be proper date etiquette, and the guy always wants to drive the girl, because it makes him feel important, but we are breaking the rules anyway."

"You have guys all figured out? Anyway, you are the professional driver in this relationship." He states and climbs into the passenger side. I grin and hop into the car.

I put the car in drive.

"Where to?" I ask.

"Everywhere." He replies, and I smile. This was going to be fun. And trust me. It was.