Chapter 4:

The next day, I walked into my office. On my desk was a huge box.

I opened it and found a letter. It read:

For this afternoon when you first drive. Enjoy. Xxx Dylan

I put the letter down and reached into the box and found a large, outfit.

It was almost like a onesy, but it was black and made out of a funny material.

Realisation hit me when underneath the outfit ones thing was a helmet.

This was no onesy. This was a formula one racers outfit. It is made out of a fire resistant material and so it keeps you from setting alight. On the front, it said Blake Industries in red.

I squealed. Then, I took the helmet out which was red too.

I examined them both more carefully and then put them back into the box, which I put behind my desk. Afterall, we didn't need some curious eyes looking at the contents inside.

I then sat down at my desk and worked on today's paperwork. There was a lot. Today was going to be very long. Especially because I am super pumped about this afternoon's ride.

The day dragged on, and I was staring to get very restless.

Lucky for me though, the clock read 11:45 am and so I could go down for lunch.

I walked into the small cafè and found Faye sitting and smiling at me.

"You got them fixed! Thanks so much Annie!" she giggled.

I smiled at her and sat down.

"I wanna go order. I am coming now." I said to Faye.

She nodded and I went up to the cashier and ordered a chicken and bacon salad.

I then walked back to Faye.

"So...." she started.

"What?" I asked.

"This weekend, I am going to the movies with Rex. I am soooooooo excited!" she giggled. Rex, or Ryan was her boyfriend. They made such a cute couple.

"What are you gonna watch?" I asked her

"I have no idea. Maybe some kinda action movie or something." she said

"Lol. I laugh you went to go watch a rom-com. Ryan would die." I said.

Suddenly, her phone rang. She went pale as she read the caller id.

"I know right. Also... Um... Ah... Annie... I... Ah... Have to go." she said and ran off.

"What-" I was cut off as I realised she couldn't hear me. Okay then. Ditched by my bff. Fun.

I went to pick up my salad. There really was no point in staying in the cafe with no best friend. I know most people who work here, but they are all a little... Boring.

I walked up to my office and sighed when I saw my father walking in.

My face dropped. Nothing good could possibly come out of this.

I walked into my office and shut the door.

My dad turned to look at me. He was sitting down in a couch close to my desk.

I turned to sit down at my desk. I quickly eyed the box and hope he didn't notice it.

My father was staring at me. I started to squirm in my seat, feeling uncomfortable under his harsh gaze.

"Annabelle, you need new clothes. I expect a child of mine to be dressed in something that shows off our heritage. Go now. You can go shopping now with your mother." my dad said rather harshly. My mouth dropped open. This was going to be a very long damn day. Shopping with my mom? Kill me now.

"Well, go on then." my dad said. Thinking about the box, "I just need to get a few thing and I will be right down." I said clenching my teeth and trying not to be disrespectful. My dad grunted and walked out.

I breathed out the breath I didn't even know I was holding. I sighed.

I grabbed the box and car keys and my laptop bag and walked out of my office. "Goobye Beverly." I said to my secretary.

"Bye Anniebelles." she said to me. She was almost like my second mom in a way.

I climbed in my McLaren and started the engine. It just made me even more pumped for this afternoon.

I then made the drive home as slow as I could. The only problem is that slow for me is driving at 80.

So I reached home quiet quickly. Opening the garage, I sighed as I saw my mom's favourite light pink Mercedes Benz convertible. Sad and terrible. Yes?

Anyway. Sighing, I took all my belongings except the box and then got out.

My mom was in the lounge watching something or other. Probably E or something. She likes to see if she is in the news, being a famous supermodel.

Yes, she is the famous Natalie Blake. The face of many magazines and fashion lines and companies.

"Hello Darling!" my mom squealed.

"Hi mom." I said.

"Ready to become a flowering butterfly? I have called all my fashion friends to come and help!" she said.

I rolled my eyes. The doorbell rang and my mom squealed.

"There they are darling!" she said excited,"let's go."

She grabbed her designer purse and her Jimmy Choo red white heels clacking as she walked.

I sighed and followed after her.

There outside was a black limo. Oh fun.

We climbed in and in the limo were 3 of my moms best friends.

They were all selfish snobs, and had children who were all mostly younger and older than me.  Who were also selfish snobs.

The driver stopped outside one of the malls which had most of the expensive boutiques. Which I guessed we are going to.

My mom yanked me out and her friends all huddled around me.

"I can see why we are buying her new clothes Nat." one of the snobs said.

"Yes! I mean I would never let my children walk around in those, those shoes!" another blonde said.

I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"Come Annabelle!" my mom said.

I huffed and walked over to her.

We entered in the mall and we walked a boutique.

The four of them including my mom sar me down and they ran around the shop finding random clothes. Eventually I had piles and piles of them. They pushed me into the dressing room. I slipped off my clothes and tried every single one of them.

Some of them were nice but mostly, they were way too big and they looked funny.

Unfortunately, my mom decides to buy most of them.

They all squealed as they walked into the next more expensive shop and the whole process started again.

A/N Annabelle's parents in this book are probably the complete opposite of my parents. I love them (my parents not Annabelle's) to bits!! Obviously.