9 | Time

***** TOBINS POV *****

I didn't know how long it had been, but it'd been too long since Christen left. I decided I shouldn't let Alex see me like this, especially since I was a crying mess and didn't feel the need to see Alex. I don't see why Christen thought I did.

I quickly reached for a pair of shoes before making my way out the door. My hair was in a bun and I only had a hoodie and shorts on me. Maybe walking around would make me feel better.

I reached the elevator and cursed as soon as it opened. Christen was standing there tapping her foot. Hopefully she wouldn't look up and notice me.

"Tobin? What are you doing I told you to wait in the room." Christen said touching my shoulder. I was angry, sure, but her touch brought comfort and for some reason I didn't jerk away.

"Chris... Can I call you that? I'm a grown woman, I don't need a babysitter." I argued, hoping she's drop it.

Christen nodded.
"Ok... Alex wasn't in her room. I don't know where she is since I saw her in the hallway when I was out there while you were talking to Skyler.."

I pressed the lobby button and the elevator shifted.

"Wait... You saw her? What'd she say?" I asked.

The door opened and I walked out, expecting Christen to follow me, which she did.

"She asked why I was sitting outside in the hallway and I said that you were skyping with Skyler... She kind of stormed off into the elevator after that. I thought she was going to her room but I guess she's out too." She mumbled at the end.

I turned around quickly before going outside of the hotel.

"Look... I think I need to be alone. Don't take it personal, just need to focus." I said, hoping she wouldn't feel bad. I liked having her around.

"You're unstable right now, I don't think you should be alone, especially out in germany at sunset. Let me walk with you..."

"Christen-"

"We don't have to talk just let me walk with you. It's like I'm not even here." She interrupted before I could deny again.

I just raised an eyebrow at her and shrugged. I guess having the presence of someone wouldn't hurt. She grinned and walked a bit behind me. We walked towards a near by soccer field to our hotel. Well... I did, and she followed.

"You don't have to walk behind me like a puppy you know." I looked over my shoulder to the brunette. "I don't bite." I added my own smirk at the end. She returned the smile and increased her pace to walk by my side.

"A soccer field?" She said looking down the hill to a small grass soccer field. "We have a game tomorrow, you know that right? You should just rest."

I chuckled a bit at her concern.

"I'm not gonna do anything, do you see a soccer ball anywhere near me?"
She smiled at me once again and shook her head, a bit of her shyness showing.

I sighed as we walked down to the field. We continued walking until we were in the dead center of the field, where a lot of soccer games kicked-off before.

The sun was going down and I took of my shoes, letting the cool grass touch my bare feet. I never was a big fan of shoes anyways. I took a deep breath in and out before sitting down and laying down. I truly didn't know what I was doing. Did I truly love Alex? Had I just broken up with Skyler? Why did this green eyed girl beside me bring me comfort? All I know is that don't want to hurt anybody. Skyler, Alex, or Christen. I say christen because I've only known her a couple of weeks and I don't want to drive her away with my issues. She's been a really good friend so far.