Chapter 1 - The Park

Author comment:

I have added a few more parts to this chapter to make it longer and more interesting. Please do read it over again. Thank You and Enjoy…

Chapter 1 - The Park

~John's POV

My parents told me that my step brother would be coming to our house for the holidays. I was excited because I thought about all the fun we might have. Going to watch movies and the best part was that my mom and dad would be away for the holidays. So only a few days left till I  could at least have fun in the house.

"John, we are leaving and your step brother is coming this afternoon. I hope you don't damage anything,"my dad said.

"Ok dad it's fine this place will in the exact shape as how you left it when you come back"

"Bye John I'll miss you and no I mean no parties," said my mom

"Yes Mom"

"Ok bye then"

One last hug and they left. Since my stepbrother would only arrive at 15:00pm.I just watched a few movies on the movie channels and got bored. There was one movie though that intrigued me, it was about a serial killer running loose after he successfully escaped from jail. The serial killer would kill his victims without being detected by anyone and would make sure that all his victim killings followed a specific sequence. But sadly the movie ended and the serial killer is still on the loose.

Later at 14:58 Whilst watching The Vampire Diaries, the doorbell rang. I got up and opened the door when I realised my step brother was here.

"Watsup dude is there space in here" said Jake(step brother) cooly

"Yeah Jake how you man never seen you in a long time"

"I've grown up and now I'm on a short holiday before the beginning of school again"

"Yeah you look pretty old almost the age of my grandma" he said with a pretend disgusted expression on his face

"Aggg" I said clearly showing my irritation at the joke, though it was fake.

".......so what do you do thats fun round here"

"The usual...we've got a xbox, a flat screen tv, a pool, a pool table and some board games"

"Cool cmon lets play"

"Ok so what is first?"

"Xbox of course, never had the chance to play on mine in a while, too busy with work and stuff"

"Stuff?"

"Yeah I'm working on my own project, can't reveal to you yet what it is but you'll get to see it in due time"

After hours of gameplay on my xbox we decided to chill out at the park. We played soccer and hand tennis, watched and chatted up the hot babes. We even got a few numbers.

It started getting late and people started leaving, so my step-brother said he needed to take a leak and then we could go home. He said he was going downhill because there was usually no one or few people around if you were at the bottom of the hill.

The wind blew across the faces of many trees and as a result they shook heavily almost in way indicating that the wind is freezing cold. The sun was setting and gave off a orangish and redish colour in the sky. The clouds were few in number and very small also, they drifted slowly across the sky. The stars started shining and winking at me in sky and the moon gradually took on a white coloured glow. The winds force got stronger and the trees shook violently after the wind tried to push the trees away with it's strong force.

The sun had disappeared off the edge of the sky and the moon shone brightly in the sky trying to be a replacement for the sun. The stars shone even more brighter than before and were twinkling in the sky like a light that switches on and off constantly. I started getting cold, I did not bring my hoodie with me because I thought we would be home before the sun sets, I was wrong. There was nobody within my sight in the park and I felt like someone was behind me. Looking behind proved to me that I was just imagining things.

The noise of the trees being blown by the strong wind gave me the shivers, I wondered what was taking him so long. It was pretty dark so I went downhill to find out what was taking him so long, the wind pushed me to move faster as if it was revealing a secret to me. At the bottom of the hill there were a lot of trees and a few benches that people could sit on if they wanted to relish the feel of being in a forest. After squinting in the dark for more than 15 minutes I saw a person seated at a bench that had a street light overshadowing it but the light wasn't doing a good job because it was dim and hardly shone on the bench. I approached the person, I thought that maybe they might know where Jake was last.

After taking a more than a few steps I realised that this person's body was either lifeless or they were sleeping because there was hardly any movement from the person's body. After walking in front of the person by the bench, two things occurred to me in my mind this person was dead and this person was Jake. I laughed at what I thought in my mind because that was impossible Jake couldn't be dead, we were having fun together and he said that he needed to go take a piss and that he would be back in a few minutes. I had no ogher choice but to look at the lifeless bodies face to try and identify if it's Jake. His mouth was wide open and there was blood leaking slowly out of it. His eyes were wide open and looked to the sky almost in desperation so that the sky would save him.

After identification of the body and it's face I realised it was my cousin Jake…