Chapter 7 - Lies

Author comment:

Hello people I was going to upload Chapter 6 later during the New Year but think of this as a Christmas Gift. Merry Christmas to you all

Chapter 7 - Lies

~John's POV

Waking up early today because I'm going to school ,can't wait for the party we going to have tonight. Since it's the last day of school my friend is having a party. My parents said that I could go if I don't drink or smoke. Knowing myself I'm not planning on drinking or smoking and I know that my friends will but nothing can tempt me. Going into the school building I found George by the classroom sitting with Bianca his girlfriend, I didn't feel like disturbing or being disturbed by them as my mind raced back to the time at the park. I couldn't stop thinking about the lifeless face of Jake as he was sitting at the bench. If someone was from far looking at his back they wouldn't suspect a dead body. But well neither did I...

The sounding of the last bell signalled the beginning of the school holidays. Can't wrap my mind on all the fun I'll be doing. Exiting the school I found those same guys with sunglasses and suits waiting. I asked my father on the day of the funeral what happened and he said nothing. As I was looking for my dad's car, I saw them standing at my dad's car. I approached my dad inside the car and asked him what's going on and he said they need me to go with them.

On the road to wherever they were taking me, finally we reached our destination. From the looks of it they were taking me to the police station.

"Dad why are we here at the police station"

"They need to speak with you John"

We entered the building and the place was very busy. We entered a room that said Head Officer on it. In the room was a desk with lots of files on it and 5 chairs one of them belonging to the Head Officer.

"You can sit down" said the sunglasses guy who had blond hair.

I sat down along with the two detectives and we waited 15 minutes in silence. Till the silence was broken when a fat guy about 40 years entered, he clearly wasn't surprised by his guests and sat down by his desk.

"Hello Officer Renick"

"Hello Detectives I'm glad to see you here. Especially you John"

How did he know my name?

"I'm sure you're asking why you're here"

"Uhm yeah"

"The reason you're here is because we need you to speak with the detectives for awhile about what happened"

I didn't ask what because I knew that they were speaking about Jake. I didn't answer just kept still.

"I understand that you are probably afraid of why you're here but the two detectives here will explain, when you discuss"

"Ok but why?"

In the look of his eyes it told me something but I don't know what.

"As I said we'll just discuss what happened at the park"

"Ok but I hope it won't be long"

In a laughing tone he said "Don't worry we'll make sure to keep you only for 2 hours"

"Ok"

We entered a hardly light room with a desk and chairs along with a guard standing next to the door.

"Hello I'm Brian and this here is Humphrey. Don't worry you don't have to introduce yourself. Hello John we just need to know a few answers"

"Ok"