Chapter 5 - Lost But Found{Part 1}

~Detective Cohen's POV

After finding the body of Mr. Gabriel Payne lying in his bed, I phoned the police. They arrived here shortly, so I gave them all the details. The officer in charge of the station wanted to see me so I made my way in. The guy seated at the chair looked to be about 40 and had a gray patch growing from his hair.

'Hello Detective Cohen I'm glad to see you'

'Hello Officer Er....'

'Renick Officer Renick'

'I'm guessing you know why I called you here. There seems to be a missing piece in the puzzle concerning the death of Gabriella Payne. We thought you found all the missing evidence considering this case.'

'Uhm I'm as confused as you are as to why somebody killed Gabriel Payne. A big amount of evidence pointed to Terence Daniels, but now we need to relook at our notes because it seems like Terence Daniels is not responsible. Now that Gabriel Payne has been killed it seems like he wasn't responsible since its only plausible that he killed both of them in the beginning but why now why now of all times why not kill Gabriel and his wife in the beginning ,so that nobody could find out about his murder. Why now'

'Detective Cohen I hope you realise that you are involved more in this mess than ever were since you were the first person to discover and let me say realise that Gabriel was there'

'I realise that Officer and will put my time and effort to discovering who the real murderer is behind these two deaths'

Officer Renick sighed, 'Here are a few notes I think you'll find interesting since they might just be the link to all this mess'

'I'll look at it later. Thank you Officer anything more you want to add or tell me'

'There have been a recent number of events that occurred during this week that might strike as puzzling to you. There have been the deaths of Jake Knapp and Natasha Hurly that point to no one as the perpetrator. Somehow whoever this might be, they managed to kill their victims without leaving a speck of evidence. Nothing could lead us to the murderer or murderers. I just wanted to inform you about this but no worries Detective Brian and Humphrey are covering that case. So good luck and I hope you find evidence for me that proves that Terence Daniels is the killer.'

'Can I ask why you think he is the one responsible for the death or deaths'

"Call it a hunch but something tells me that Terence Daniels is the one capable of murdering Gabriella and maybe even Gabriel"

'Ok thank you....'

'Well I'll keep you informed on the ups and downs'

'Oh and I'm sure you heard about the bomb spectacle that happened at Memories Caf\u00e9, New York on Tuesday. It was on news headlines across America. Apparently the bomb was a military bomb meaning that it was officially a bomb, not some kiddies prank at the store and it must've been done by a Big Drug leader or by someone who had access to the infantry of the military and the military itself.'

'Should I...'

'We're looking into what we can do and I need you to be at the forefront of this investigation whilst handling the other investigation that was originally handed to you. I hope you nail this bastard'

I couldn't help but smile 'I'll do what I can'

'Ok keep me updated and I'll keep you updated'

Leaving the station was a relief from all the hustling that was going on even at this time of night. After a 50 minutes drive I finally reached the place called home. I made myself comfortable and started up the laptop.

Inserted the memory stick Officer Renick gave me earlier and on the memory stick the file of Terence Daniels Interrogation and the story behind the story as well. Something told that me this was going to be a long night.

After the long night I had a good sleep and woke earlier with a start and got dressed and dialled Brian's number.g

'Hey Brian'

'Hey man whatsup'

'Nothing much just wanted to ask you if I could speak to David Liber....the one involved in the case'

'Oh why'

'I just need to ask him a few questions but it won't interfere with your investigation'

'Ok and if you pick up something I didn't pick call me'

At least I won't have any problems now just need to meet my son.

~David's POV

Waking up from the nightmare of a night I had last night and finding that it was over was a relief. Getting dressed for the job I got earlier before that horrible finding of a dead body. After getting my hair brushed and entering the kitchen. Mary was cooking up a feast this morning to try and make me forget the events of the previous week. Thinking back to the horrible turnout of the day after my job interview. Thinking of the body, the ladies skin colour so pale and her cold eyes that were seeking help in the ceiling of the bathroom. A knock at the door woke me back to reality. Opening the door brought even more surprises for the week.

'Dad?'

~Detective Cohen's POV

Looking at my son so fine and well grown he greeted me with a shocked tone. I simply replied.

'Hello son'

~David's POV

'Dad'

'Hello son'

'What are you doing here?'

'Well I'm your father'

'So that doesn't mean you can barge in on people'

'David doesn't mean that, welcome Mr. Liber come in' said Mary

'David I didn't come here to dwell on past ghosts,I wasn't thinking right at the time'

'Dad how do you expect me to forgive and forget if you did kill her'

'As I said David I wasn't thinking right at the time'

'Ok fine since you're not here to dwell on the past ghosts. What do you want?'

'I want you to forgive me even though what I did was wrong-'

'Wrong you've got to be kidding me that is what you call wrong. After abusing and hurting my mother and killing her all you can say is wrong. I don't know what to say'

'Son you know that it was an accident and you know that if I could bring back what I did to your mother I wouldn't have done it'

'Thinking back won't help you or me all it's going to do is bring more problems'

'All I want is for you to forgive me'

'Well forgiveness won't help, I want you to tell me why you're here or I want you out'

'David!!!' shouted Mary

'Mary stay out of this'

'I'm here because I just wanted to ask you if you could tell me about what happened at the old house in Middle Street'

'Get to the point'

'At exactly 12:00pm at Memories Cafe a bomb went off killing 39 people leaving only 3 to survive. So if I can chat to those people I might be able to get something'

'So?'

'If I find a link I might be able to connect one and one. So if you're willing I'd like you to tell me exactly what happened'

'I'll think about it'

'Ok give me a call when you're ready to tell me'

'Ok'

'Well then I'll be off bye'

'Bye'

_________________________________________

Next chapter coming soon.