Chapter 4 - The Grave

Gabriel's POV

It's been over a year since Gabriella died, she loved to be outdoors and enjoyed people's company the most. She was a dreamer who believed in others and most of all she believed in me. It's because of her that I made it out alive. If she wasn't there at that moment I would've killed my father. I remember carrying the knife in my hand while my father was asleep in his usual spot on the couch. If she wasn't there I would've ripped his body apart with the knife and fed it to the dogs. She taught me how to love and appreciate the smaller things in life. But now she's dead and I can't do anything about it.

I remember that exact day when she died. She told me she was going to take our dog for a walk. I said ok and decided to buy some groceries and dinner. When I came back it was around 19:00 and she still wasn't here I tried calling her but no answer was given. I went to the park to see where she was but couldn't find anyone. I went to the bookshop, to the restaurant but I couldn't find her. So I remembered the fact that she sometimes visited her dead grandma by the cemetery. When I arrived at the cemetery I found no one. So I called the police and told them that my wife was missing ,they did a search and nobody could find a trace of her or saw her anywhere.

Two months later when they still couldn't find her. I made a visit to her grandma by the cemetery. The tombstone read Gabriella Berger 1810 - 1946. Her grandma was such a lovely lady so I was told and she told me lots of stories of how she and her grandma had fun together. Gabriella treated her grandma like a friend and also felt like she could tell her grandma anything. I miss Gabriella so much ,why would someone want to do this. After staring at the tombstone for quite a long time I realised it was getting late. When I turned from the tombstone, I noticed something I should've noticed a long time. Stella's(our puppy) collar was laying on the ground by Gabriella Senior Berger's tombstone. The reason I didn't see it was because it camouflaged with the grass on Gabriella's tombstone.

I immediately called the police and told them to come to the cemetery. After long investigation they verified that that was Stella's collar. And they tried to find fingerprints on it but Gabriella's were the only fingerprints found on it. After long investigating the only evidence that Gabriella was in the cemetery and was murdered was Stella's collar but even that couldn't be enough.

Two weeks passed by and I was having a even more harder time sleeping thinking about what the killer did to her and what she went through while being attacked. One random night when I had a bad nightmare about Gabriella, I took a walk outside and made my way to Gabriella's tombstone. When I discovered something disturbing and shocking Gabriella's grave was dug out and she was taken out. Gabriella my wife was lying with her.

A knock from the door woke me from the dream. I opened the door and was greeted by Detective Cohen.

'Hello Mr. Payne may I come in'

'Yes come in'

'Sorry to interrupt you at such a late time'

'No it's fine I understand'

'Well the reason I'm here is to inform you on what happening' Terence Daniel is responsible for the death of your wife and a great amount of evidence is pointing towards him. We've found him, we've found the guy who killed your wife'

'Ok'

'I promise you that justice will be brought to this case and my condelences'

'Thank you Detective'

After the visit of the detective I slept the hours that I couldn't sleep earlier. I woke up at 4:00 in the morning and just lay in my bed.

Detective Cohen's POV

After work I decided to visit Mr.Payne's house. I knocked several times on his door but didn't hear anything. I took a guess and turned the knob to my surprise it was open. Going to the kitchen I called out Mr. Payne but didn't get a reply or noise. Going upstair's by his room to see if he was asleep. I found the lifeless body of Mr.Payne laying on the bed and his looked like he was crying for help.

_________________________________________

Story update:

Next Chapter coming soon.