Chapter 11 - Lost But Found{Part 2}

Previous Chapter.....

~Detective Cohen's POV

David was still in there and I couldn't do anything. The fire brigade came and were trying to control the fire but it was too intense. The whole building was on fire and they needed more people. Another fire truck came but it was too late, the fire was out of control. The whole building was filled with flames nobody could come out of that alive.

Tears were running down my eyes because I couldn't handle it I lost my son and I couldn't even say goodbye. I couldn't ask his forgiveness for the incident that happened years back with his mother. I didn't treat him like a son and now I've lost him....

_________________________________________

~Detective Cohen's POV

I phoned Mary...

"Hello?"

"Hello Mary"

"Yes"

"David's dead"

"No it can't be"

"Yes he died in a fire"

"No...no no this can't be happening"

"I'm sorry Mary"

"I don't understand..."

"David was in the hospital because he was bumped by a car and then the building exploded when I arrived. David couldn't have made it through because I asked for the room he was staying in and it was where the bomb or whatever it was exploded. David's dead"

"He wanted to become a Detective just like you even though he wouldn't admit it and he wanted to save this world from all the bad people. He deserved more than this, much more"
The church bells woke me up.

We were sitting in church while the pastor was busy giving his memories he had of David.

"David was such a good man; he loved his family a lot and would do anything for them. If I could be half the kid David was, my children and I would be truly blessed. I hope we all keep the Liber family and friends in our hearts, thank you"

It was my turn to speak. I went to the podium and was faced with a tearful crowd.

"My son was an understanding child, one who was driven by his dreams and nothing I mean nothing would stand in his way. He didn't allow anybody to affect him or tell him this or that. He believed in what he believed and would stand by it even till death. As his father I didn't support him like a father figure. All I did was drink, smoke and abuse my wife. Despite all the trouble she and my son went through I never considered one of them. Eventually I killed her but if there's one thing I could say about my son it's that he gave me second chance. Despite everything he and Marge went through he still cared and that's what I want to tell everyone here, he cared. So we as his family, friends and even strangers we must do the same as that's what he would've wanted. Thank you"

I sat down and the service went on...

I went home early to cool down. Then my phone ringed.

"Detective change to BBC"

"Who's this?"

"Renick"

"Ok"

I put my TV on and changed to BBC. The reporter was interviewing an old lady.

"Yes my friend and I were just going to the chapel to pray which was our daily routine when we saw a dead person on the floor. We didn't know how to react so we called the police. They told us that they had the situation handled."

"Who was this dead person?"

"It was Priest Abel; he always visited this chapel in his spare time. He wasn't a priest at this church but he preferred it."

"Was there anything on his body?"

"He had a crucifix melted onto his naked body"

"There you have it folks the death of a priest in God's holy temple. This body has been found a few days ago and will undergo inspection for any hidden clues as to who commited this murder"

"Very sad how he died"

"Why are you showing me this?"

"Just to show you how cruel this world is"

"Ok"

"So how's the investigation with the Natasha Hurly"

"It's not bad"

"You don't have anything"

"Yes but I'm working on it"

"Cohen you have a reputation for finishing your investigations early so you better keep it up or I'll give it to someone else"

"I know don't worry I'm working on it" Gabriel Payne. I phoned the autopsy and told them I needed to look at the body of Gabriel Payne. I arrived at the place.

"Hello Detective Cohen, this way. The body of Gabriel Payne was pale when we were given it. While the body of Gabriella was poisoned with nitric acid but we already know who killed Gabriella, it was Terence Daniels."

He took out the body of Gabriel, it was pale very pale from the fact that it stood there for days.

Pale of course why didn't I think of it. The body of Gabriel Payne was pale when it was found and just like the body of Natasha Hurly. Could there be a possible link between the two I needed to look at that might help me find the killer or killers. No but Gabriella was poisoned not inhaling acidic substances. And Natasha could've drowned herself considering the fact that she was found in a bath tub.

"Do you have the body of Natasha Hurly?"

"Yes, come with me"

He put the body of Gabriel back and we walked to the end of the room.

"Natasha was also pale when we found her but we have detected something. Her lungs were filled with water when did a scan on her"

"So they or he or she could've drowned her"

"Yes"

I looked at the body of Natasha and something striked me as puzzling. Her eyes were yellow not red and her hair was wet but composed.

"Was her hair like this when you found her?"

"Yes"

That could mean that she wasn't drowned that could mean suicide. She might've been drunk when she drowned herself which could explain her hair being composed. But still no real answers or clues huh this night couldn't get any worse.

I drove back home and went through my things to look for the usb drive Renick gave me. Nowhere, it was not where I left and I couldn't find it. That was strange I remember putting it in my laptop bag. I searched again and found it. But when I looked for the files Renick put on there was nothing, absolutely nothing. That was weird they were there the day I used it. I phoned Renick.

"Hello Officer Renick"

"Yes Cohen it's 2 in the morning what do you want?"

"Do you have the files you gave me earlier"

"Yes why"

"I need them"

"For what"

"My investigation"

"Ok come at 7:00pm today"

"Ok thanks"

___________________§§___________________

Author Comment: Hello guys as you all know David is dead(so sad) and there's even worse news the Death Snatcher won't stop till everybody is dead. So will Detective Cohen and John find him before it's too late.

Stay Tuned

Story Update:

There are a few new characters entering the story that will change it forever. Can't wait!!!