Chapter 16 - Masquerade

Song of the Chapter:

1. Of The Night - Bastille

Previous Chapter...

~John's POV

I woke up from the bad dream heaving with sweat. I was gasping for air, whatever dream that was it was definitely bad hopefully it will only stay a dream. But obviously it was a dream Jake was dead and my mother was not a maniac. Why am I even thinking about it huh, wake up John it was only a dream.

"Hello John" said a female, this time it wasn't a dream.

_________________________________________

~Brian's POV

On the normal street watch, since John's been in an accident, chief told us to watch any cars coming and going within the hospital block, anything can come up. The fact that he was followed and then bumped proves that he was followed. I still wonder who might've been behind the car. Could it be some old granny who forgot how to drive properly and drove into Ron and John while they were riding or could it have been a driver who was rushing to work or some appointment?

Or some wreck\/drunk driver who bumped into a kid and just drove off. It could've been anything, that's the problem. But here I am keeping watch, although I doubt it will do the police or the FBI any good. But what do they say 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration.

Whilst in Wonderland(as they call it), a car came out of nowhere and it seems to be headed towards the hospital. I followed it with my Honda. Since we were detectives and we weren't supposed to take any legal action till we see a person go into the hospital. We were allowed to use our own cars. I wonder why Humphrey didn't give me a heads up on the car that's heading for the hospital.

I followed it from far but at a slow pace so that the owner doesn't think I am following them. The car was black and wouldn't be seen if the lights didn't give it off. As usual the car has black tinted windows, so that the driver couldn't be seen. I couldn't make out who was in the car I continued following them. They went into the back of the hospital, the parking for the staff. I was paid to not make assumptions. So I drove to the front of the hospital to the parking for the customers\/clients. And got out of my car, I went to the back of the hospitals staying to the walls of the hospital. They weren't open at night times, so I stayed in the darkness of the walls and windows. The person lady or man I couldn't make out from the black cloak they were wearing covering both their bodies and face. But from the way she was walking it was a she. She looked around her and she clearly was cautious from the way she was doing things. She looked my way for a millisecond and rose towards the emergency room. I followed her after she was out of the parking lot and in the building. The place was deserted so I headed her way. I followed closely after to make sure I don't have her out of my site. She was cautious and didn't want anybody to follow her. She headed for number 186, John's room and she went into his room. I stopped at the door... it was still open so I could listen to everything.

"Hello John" she said

She knew his name, but how.

"Who are you?"

"I'm sorry John but I've come to kill you"

"Kill me?"

"You're next"

"Death Is Your Wish"

"No...no are you the one who almost killed me and Fats"

"Your friend is already dead"

"What...how"

"Ha-ha it was already over for him when he decided to be your friend"

"What do you mean?"