[ 2 ] His Name Should Be Hellion

© 2016 Shay Spencer

© 2016 Shay Spencer. All rights reserved.

Something Real

[ Chapter 2 ] His Name Should be Hellion

....................................................................

The mere thought of moving in with the Pennington family made my stomach churn. I didn't even know them, and I hated them for everything and anything they'd ever done.

This morning, I had been forced to pack up what little I owned. Mr. Garrett had watched with the only smile I had ever seen from him as I shoved the last of my things into my small car. He dangled the keys to the place when I drove away. It was then I remembered that he owned the diner downstairs, too.

They'd just put up a going out of business sign. Take that, buddy.

There was a huge gate outside of the Pennington house, one that made me choke in disgust. Beverly Hill's may have been known for places like this, but the house sitting in front of me made me gag.

"Name." The guard asked through the small window sitting in between us.

"Scarlett Blaine," I answered simply. He nodded before pushing open the window.

"ID," he insisted, holding out his hand. I could feel a frown forming on my face. I needed to prove my identity to my new family's guard? This was overkill.

I shuffled though my purse and pulled out my driver's license. He ripped it from my finger tips before inspecting it. His eyes darted back as forth between me and my driver's license. It was like he didn't believe me.

"Go ahead," he sighed in defeat. He tossed my ID back through the window, the object landing in my lap. I rolled my eyes as I watched the gate open ahead of me. The Pennington's sure had a way with their staff. This guy was a tool and a half.

I pulled my small blue Kia Rio into the long, drawn out driveway. What I hadn't been expecting about this place, was the size. I knew my mother was marrying a lawyer, but this mansion was too much. Especially for the three members of the Pennington family.

The place was at least two stories high, but that wasn't the half of it. The place stretched out for what seemed like miles. The rounded driveway curved into the front 'yard' perfectly. There were two sets of stairs that led up to the elevated front area. The front door was immaculate, from what I could see. There were people scurrying in and out of the place with boxes. Those of which were probably my mother's.

I was more than scared to go inside.

"Scarlett!" My mother screeched from the opposite side of the large moving truck parked in the driveway ahead of me. I waved to her as I pulled the keys out of the car. This was going to be a long day. "Come meet your brothers!"