[ 23 - Hayden ] Scarlett Blaine Will Be The Death Of Me

As a special thank you for all the love and the high ranking this last week, there will be two very special chapters this week!

Hayden's getting his very own chapter too!

________________

© 2017 Shay Spencer. All rights reserved.

Something Real

[ Chapter 23 - Hayden's POV ] Scarlett Blaine Will Be The Death of Me

*Taking place the day after Las Vegas + The morning of Scarlett's fitting*

....................................................................

The mansion was quiet, probably for the first night since our extended family decided to move in; and it was eerily empty for a house of it's size with nearly five occupants. What are the odds, right?

"Hayden!" Jay called, spurring me up from my daze.

"What?" I shoved my camera under my sheets, throwing a pillow on top of it for good measure.

Jay popped his head into my room, glancing around as if I was hiding something. "Are Wren or Scarlett around? I haven't seen them since Vegas. It's been like, a long time since we got back from the airport."

At least now I knew what he was looking for.

"Wren finally got sick of the whole grown up jock routine? Took her long enough," I shrugged. "She'll hold out for any sort of inheritance, I guess."

Jay twisted his face up at me, silently letting me know the inner pain that he must have felt with my truthful words.

I huffed in annoyance, "no, I haven't seen them for a few hours."

"Well," Jay whined. "Tell me if you hear anything."

"Will do," I mocked. Jay rolled his eyes and strode back out of my room, leaving me alone once again.

Before all this family drama started up, I could sit alone in here for hours at a time. Elias never worried about where I was or what I was doing, and Jay had basically written me off as a brother or a friend. Now, since Scarlett came around, people expect things from me. They come in to my private wing and ask things of me, almost like they think I know what the hell is going on around here.

Which, for the record, I never do. I can barely keep up with Scarlett's antics, or Angel's mood swings. I wasn't sure how to feel about all this.

I picked myself up off my bed, leaving the sheets ruffled in just the way I liked them. It was strange really, anytime I got back in bed, it still smelled like Scarlett; since that night she stayed in my room, at least. It was comforting in a way, and yet it left me wanting to wash my sheets for the first time in a while.

Freaking Blaine.

I waltzed down the stairs, stopping on the last step with the loud knock that sounded on the front door. Almost no one ever knocked anymore. We would have heard from the gate if someone had wanted in.

I shook my head and walked over, pulling the large door open and frowning at the person standing in front of me.

"You selling cookies or something? Because otherwise, I'm not letting you in."

Zane practically groaned back at me, "no. Why would I be selling cookies? I'm here to see Scarlett."

"Well maybe she doesn't want to see you," I narrowed my eyes in on him. "You probably should have called first, Zane. She hates when you interrupt our private time."