[ Extra ] Wren

Something Real was featured in Swoon Reads 2017 At A Glance newsletter!

________________

© 2018 Shay Spencer

© 2018 Shay Spencer. All rights reserved.

Something New

[ Chapter 3 ] Coach's Perky Blonde Daughter

. . . . .

Wren

9 Months

. . . . .

I was sick; that was the only explanation. Yet the irony of my already fucked up situation seemed to hop right up and slap me in the face.

Pregnant. I was pregnant with Jay's child.

I could chance it - I mean it wasn't like these drug store pregnancy tests were one hundred percent accurate, right? If I went into the doctor later, maybe even tomorrow, it'd say something different. The doctor would walk in and the relief would bring me right back to reality. He'd say I was stupid for even thinking I was pregnant, what with the birth control and the added precautions.

I was sure of it. There wasn't even a reason to schedule an appointment.

Still, my stomach was churning with every memory that washed over me. I could still hear the groans that spilled out of his mouth, some that even I had never pulled out of him, when I'd walked in on them.

James Pennington was an ass.

Even still, I took him back. Two weeks later and it was like nothing had happened. He hadn't slept with the coaches daughter, and I certainly hadn't told said coach about the affair my boyfriend was having with his nineteen year old daughter.

It didn't happen, point blank. Which is exactly the reason why I shouldn't be pregnant. If the cheating bastard got me pregnant before I've even gotten over what the hell I saw two weeks ago so help me god.

My chest clamped down at the thought.

I had been old enough to see how pregnancy had affected my mother. She was nauseous ninety percent of the time. Forget about morning sickness because guess what? The Manny family wanted to push the boundaries, make those standards harder to reach.

I was in hell; my own personal torment. I don't even know what kind of shit I got into to deserve this karma.

Clamping my eyes shut I tried to push the images of the perky blonde from my mind. The way she looked at me when I walked in on the two still made me want to punch a wall. She looked happy, like she was going to win Jay after their mere month-long affair. Fat chance, sweetheart. I'd already put in a year with the cutest Pennington boy.