[ 12 ] The Three Musketeers

I PROMISE THIS WILL BE THE LAST COVER! Do you guys like?

Check out the newest version of my site! The reveal of the sequel to both this book, and The Buddies Rule, is up - along with the cover reveal for Business Casal (More Than His Assistant), the characters for Gentlemen's Guide, and loads of other new content!!! Head over to ShayWritesSmiles now! (Linked on my profile)

Thank you Belli_Love for the character Marley Rose!

Highest rank on the hot list over the last two weeks - #492 in Chick Lit

A sneak peek will be up on the site exactly one week from today! If you guys could continue voting, that would be awesome :)

________________

© 2017 Shay Spencer. All rights reserved.

Something Real

[ Chapter 12 ] The Three Musketeers

....................................................................

Every girl dreams of that moment when she finally tries on that one white dress. I just never figured I would be trying on someone else's first.

"How do you button these?" Hayden muttered, the man playing with his cufflinks. I frowned at the sight, watching as he only struggled further.

"I wouldn't know," I laughed at the sight. "I barely knew how to get into this thing."

The bridesmaid dress was exactly what I had imagined my mother ordering for herself. Which obviously meant that this dress, was one that I would never be caught dead in.

I must have nine lives.

"But you did," Hayden teased. "And you look pretty great in it."

I rolled my eyes at him as he continued to play with his cufflinks. Stepping down to his level, I reached out to help him. There was no way he was getting this done on his own.

"How have you gone this long without having to put on cufflinks?" I muttered, my fingers working to push the two ends together. "What with Elias dragging you to fancy dinners and all."

Hayden merely shrugged, "I don't fit the Pennington mold. I think the only time I've ever worn a suit, one of the servants helped me put it on."

"Please tell me you're kidding," I said, stopping what I was doing.

A wide grin took form on Hayden's face before he moved his arm out of my grasp. He quickly finished whatever crappy job I was doing of fixing his cufflinks, making no mistakes in his precise movements.

"I just wanted to see your reaction," he smiled. "I've put these stupid things on like fifty times before." I rolled my eyes and turned back around, looking myself over in the mirror once more.

The dress was red, almost matching the silhouette of the dress from the engagement party. Though there were no lace sleeves, the crimson silk started in a sweetheart neckline and fell to my knees nicely. The top had a large bow that covered my bust, looking just obnoxious enough to be something my mother would have pick out for me.

After catching the color of Hayden's tie, I was starting to think the wedding colors included some shade of red.

"I think your mom asked Wren to be a bridesmaid." Hayden mentioned absentmindedly, the man falling back onto one of the couches behind us.