[ 8 ] Loosen Up, Blaine

Remember to check out The Buddies Rule!

My last update of 2016! What a wild ride... But remember! I've got new stories launching on January 1st! Thanks so much for sticking with me everyone!

Highest rank on the hot list over the last two weeks - #346 in Chick Lit

________________

© 2016 Shay Spencer. All rights reserved.

Something Real

[ Chapter 8 ] Loosen Up, Blaine

....................................................................

As I stood here in this loud, crowded club, my mind fell back to my last day in my apartment. That had been my last day of freedom.

"Does he look creepy to you?" Hayden mused. The man was mixing his drink with the small, thin black straw it had come with.

"Sure," I muttered absentmindedly.

I still missed my apartment, I missed the silence and solitude that I had while there. Now, for the last week, it seemed as though my life had been put on fast forward. The most serene moment I had encountered over the past week had been just a few hours before. When I was writing in that stupid journal, it gave me an escape, one that I definitely wasn't finding here at this club.

"He's probably going to stab you later. He looks like the kind that wouldn't be aloud to buy a gun."

I nodded along, "yeah."

Now with the Pennington's, I hadn't had a moment alone. Hayden had a way of dragging me into different situations without even trying. Tonight was meant to be a girls night between myself and my best friend; and although I was glad to have someone by my side while Wren was glued to some guy across the club, it didn't mean I specifically wanted Hayden here.

"He's probably just got bodies stock piled in his apartment," Hayden continued before taking a sip of his drink.

"Mhmm." I could feel my eyes zoning in and out on one spot behind the bar. The pattern on the wall had suddenly become the most intriguing thing.

Hayden set down his drink, loudly enough to catch my attention. I glanced back at him to see he was obviously annoyed with me at the monument. "Are you even listening to me? I've been calling your little crush a murderer for like three minutes, and you haven't cut my head off for it yet."

"Why would you accuse him of being a murderer?" I asked, feeling my face scrunch up with confusion.

"To see if you were listening, obviously," Hayden said. "But also, the dude looks kind of shifty."

"He looks fine, Hayden," I snapped. I whirled around on my chair, setting my sights on one man in particular.

My little crush, as Hayden would say, was still standing near the DJ's turn tables. He wore a light orange button up, and set of tan dress pants. The bright lights that were swirling around the club reflected nicely off his black dress shoes. He looked put together, like he had his life figured out.