[ 35 ] I'll Wait For You, Scarlett Blaine

The final chapter - I hope you all enjoy! Please remember to check out the Series Directory! {Now posted below the Copyright chapter}

Highest rank on the hot list over the last few days - #14 in Chick Lit and we hit 86k!

________________

© 2017 Shay Spencer. All rights reserved.

Something Real

[ Chapter 35 ] I'll Wait For You, However Long It Takes Scarlett Blaine

....................................................................

Needing to act purely on impulse had never been my style. But it seemed Hayden Pennington brought out another side in me.

"I think I've given you as much information as possible," Zane said, his voice echoing around my car even through the phone. "We'll see what else is left when you actually get here."

"I'm about an hour away now," I breathed, turning into the large parking lot ahead of me. "Maybe a little longer, but I should be there by morning."

Zane chuckled, "taking a pit stop?"

"I've been driving for two days straight, Zane. I needed to stop."

"I'll see you tomorrow then," Zane agreed, hanging up the phone there after.

Pulling into the seemingly vacant parking lot, I took a deep breath and glanced over the tall building in front of me. Hayden's dorm looked almost exactly how I'd imagined it.

Though even with the short comfort of knowing where he would be the next two years, my heart still proceeded to drop at the thought of of it all.

Despite the circumstances, Hayden Pennington was on track to be the love of my life, and we'd now be living in different zip codes.

Our two weeks apart had been hell if nothing else, but it had given me time to explain my transfer to New York to my mother.

She had been reluctant to go along with my plan, the woman still seeing UC as the place for me. However, my mother couldn't deny the facts; I was lost in California, and moving may help me find my way.

In all honesty, I still had no idea what I wanted to do with the rest of my life.

Quickly, I gathered my things and got myself out of the car. I was exhausted to say the least, though seeing Hayden for the first time in two weeks was what kept me moving forward.

I missed him more than I had cared to admit.

I let myself stride across the grass on my way to the doors, stopping only when realizing these particular doors were locked. I had known Hayden had arrived back to school early, but I never would have thought the school kept the dorms on such high security.

I merely rolled my eyes, pulling my phone back out of my pocket.

There went the element of surprise.

"How long has it been, Blaine?" Hayden mused into the phone. I could practically hear his smirk. "I was almost beginning to think you'd bailed on this whole long distance thing."

"I'm downstairs, Hayden," I sighed, leaning back against the wall as I spoke. "Let me up."

The sound of him shuffling about cluttered the sound on his end of the phone, leaving me to simply imagine what kind of hectic scene would be waiting for me upstairs. "What?"