[ 10 ] Well, This Isn't Awkward

I've got a character contest running for Something Real! Check it out, and your character could be featured in SR and the spinoff, Gentlemen's Guide!!

Highest rank on the hot list over the last two weeks - #497 in Chick Lit

Goal: 8 Votes and 3 comments
And I'll post a sneak peek at the upcoming sequels for Something Real and The Buddies Rule on my site 😜

________________

© 2017 Shay Spencer. All rights reserved.

Something Real

[ Chapter 10 ] Well, This Isn't Awkward

....................................................................

Considering the many discretionary actions Wren had committed in the past, I shouldn't have been so surprised that she's gone after Jay.

"It's really not that bad Scar," she reiterated for me.

Wren almost always had a way of making little out of her actions the morning after a fling. She'd insist again and again that it was nothing, that we should forget about it and move on. But things were different this time.

"How did this even happen?" I asked, absentmindedly running my fingers through my hair. "You were pretty out of it when Hayden and I left."

Wren shrugged her shoulders, "I don't know. I was looking for some water, and I just stumbled into Jay's room. I'll spare you the rest."

"Well thanks for that," I scoffed. Crossing my arms over my chest, I sat down on a box near the door. "I asked one thing of you."

"Oh please!" Wren laughed incredulously. "You asked me not to sleep with Hayden! You never said anything about Jay."

"I definitely did," I countered. "I told you, specifically, not to have sex with either of my brothers."

Wren smiled slyly my way, "sure. You also, specifically, said that they weren't your brothers yet."

"Forget the technicalities, Wren," I groaned. "You always do this. I can't trust you with anything."

"Come on, Scar," Wren huffed. "You're so dramatic. Have you ever considered that I actually like Jay?"

"Well," I paused. "Considering just how drunk you were last night, and the fact that you just so happened to stumble into his room, with it then leading to sex-"

"Quit rambling and get to your freaking point."

"Fine," I agreed. "I don't think it could have meant anything. Especially with you."

"Hold back your feelings much?" Wren's eyebrows popped up suggestively. "Who says it couldn't lead to something more meaningful?"

"I do," I said. "I say it can't lead to something meaningful."

"And why the hell not?" Wren asked.

"Because you're entire history with guys suggests otherwise," I sighed. "You don't have a committal bone in your body, Wren. You can't do that to Jay."

"Then I guess I'll just have to prove you wrong," Wren smiled once more.

I could see that look in her eye, the one that gave me a small sense of how she felt. She already had it in her head that she had won this little battle. She had a way of getting overly confident far too soon into situations like this.