• 9teen •

Kelsey.

The next morning I woke up to an empty bed, I sat up and looked around for Justin but he wasn't there.

I sighed, making my way to the bathroom to freshen up but someone was already there.

It was Justin.

"I thought you left." I frowned.

"No, I had to pee." He chuckles.

"My moms home." I informed him.

"I know, when I woke up I heard her coming down the hall. I got my stuff and hid in your closet." He laughs.

I couldn't help but do the same, if my mom knew about this I'd be dead for sure.

"Anyways, I have to brush my teeth." I said, pushing past him.

"Oh, about that I found a pack of unused toothbrushes, I took one." He scratched the back of his neck, he seemed almost embarrassed by it.

"Okay? I don't care." I shrugged,
"they're unused and there for a reason."

"Oh, so you do this often?"

"Maybe twice a week." I joked.

I could tell he was getting jealous by the way he tensed up, but he calmed down once I looked away.

"Anyways," he sighs "I gotta go."

"You don't want to go out for breakfast or anything?" I asked, hoping he'd agree to it. "The treats on me."

"I would never make you pay, but we can go and it's on me." He pecks my forehead, but I gave in this time normally I'd put up a fight for it but i'm sure my morning breath was already doing the fighting.

"I'm gonna go home and shower, I'll be back to pick you up." He says before exiting the bathroom and then my house.

-

After I was done doing what I had to do, I waited on Justin's call or text saying that he was on his way. I didn't want to seem clingy by texting him asking where he was but it's almost noon and I'm no longer in the mood for breakfast. He left almost three hours ago.

My stomach began grumbling, it was so empty and I was tempted to text Shelby and she if she wanted to go out.

I waited another hour after finally texting him, I got nothing. I dialed Shelby's number, hoping she'd pick up.

She did.

"Kelsey, you're alive?"

"Shut up, what are you doing?"

"Um, nothing waiting on my best friend to actually have time for me."

"I always have time for you, I was calling to see if I could treat you for food but never-"

"Just shut up and pick me up." Shelby cuts me off.

"My point exactly."

We hung up and I headed for the door. I checked my phone one last time to see if he responded, but I'm still left on deliver. I locked my phone and drove off heading over to pick up Shelby.

Once I got there, I honked the horn and she swiftly came out.

"Well, hello. Nice to meet you, I'm Shelby and you are?"

"Shelby it hasn't even been that long since we hung out don't be dramatic" I rolled my eyes.

"I know, but we normally do every thing together." She says "even when Kyle was in the picture."