First Breakfast

Jasmine woke up groggily to the round of someone taking a shower. She yawned and rolled over. Her roommate-who was named Fiona-was taking a shower. Jasmine yawned and stretched being rubbing her eyes and getting out of bed.
    She changed into a pair of dark jeans and a black tank top. She then sat down on her bed and brushed her blonde hair before putting it up into a high pony tail. At this time, Fiona entered the room.
    Fiona was wearing a cream-colored blouse and a dark brown skirt that showed off her skin legs. Her hair was blow dried and her black eyeliner highlighted her dark brown eyes. She might have been pretty if she wasn't making a face like she had stepped into dog poop. "I'm sorry about the introduction last time," she said. "I'm a were-bunny, and you?"
    "I'm a were-fox," Jasmine answered with a smile. "So can we call a truth?"
   "Sure," Fiona said, replacing her look of disgust with a smile.
    She then tossed back her brown hair and walked towards the door. "Ready for breakfast?" Fiona said.
   Jasmine nodded and got up. They walked in silence towards the cafeteria. At the time they got there, Fiona pulled Jasmine aside. "Look honey," she said in a sickeningly sweet tone. "We're not friends and you have better not even approach one guy I like or I swear I will make your life horrible."
   Fiona paused and have a fake smile. "Now go run along and leave me be," she said.
    Jasmine was startled, but wandered around the cafeteria until she saw Serenity. The two went up to the breakfast line and piled their trays with food before sitting down. "Who's your roommate?" Serenity asked after she finished her buttered toast.
    Jasmine swallowed her bite of oatmeal. "Fiona," she answered.
   Serenity gasped. "Not her!" she exclaimed. "I hear she's really rude and she turns her roommates into basic slaves."
    Jasmine laughed. "She's not the nicest, but I'm sure you're exaggerating. I don't think she would get away with it."
   "Oh no," Serenity said earnestly. "She is the principle's daughter and she can get away with anything. Everyone is too scared to tell her dad. He dotes her because his wife died giving birth to her and he vowed to watch after her. He remarried a year later, but the mother isn't too kind to her."
   The two sat in silence. "That's sad," Jasmine whispered.
    Serenity nodded. "The principle is nice, but he won't hear anything bad about his daughter," she replied.
   The bell rang and the two stood up. "We need to get going to our first class," Serenity said.
   "What is your first class of the day?" Jasmine asked.
    "Mine is Algebra," she said. "We spend the first half of the day going normal classes. After lunch, we get to do the exciting stuff."
    "I have Algebra too!" Jasmine exclaimed. "Do we have the same teacher?"
   They checked their schedules. The two high-fived when  they found out they shared the first class. They shared a smile and dashed off to class, hoping they would rest it in time.