Lunch

Jasmine and Serenity arrived just on time to class. They were gasping as they charged into the classroom. The teacher, a stern man with long gray hair tied into a ponytail, sharp cheekbones, and amber eyes that were startlingly wolf-like. "You sit there and you sit there," he ordered while points from them to their respective assigned seats.
    The algebra class wasn't the most exciting. The teacher was very calculating and had an aura that made students meek. Something about him was very intimidating. Maybe it was the way he stood-like he was always ready for danger-or maybe it was his wolfish eyes that seemed to stare right through you.
    The class ended and both Serenity and Jasmine got up to go to English. The next class was Science and then the bell finally rang for lunch. "Great!" Serenity exclaimed while jumping up from her seat. "I'm famished!"
   Jasmine nodded in agreement and the two walked to lunch. The two piled their trays sky high with food and sat down at an empty table. Jasmine was buttering a roll and Serenity was squeezing salad dressing on her salad when another girl approached them. "Can I sit here?" she asked.
    Serenity nodded and the girl pulled up a chair and sat down. She was beautiful in an intimidating way with thick brown hair, dark brown eyes, and a powerful build. "My name is Ursa," she said. "And you guys?"
    They both offered their names as Ursa began eating a fish sandwich. "The food is better here than at Constellation High School," she stated.
    "There are other schools like this?" Jasmine asked.
    "Yeah," Serenity said. "The three big ones are us, Constellation High School, and Welsh English Rarity Elementary," she said. "Although we call them Were. They are actually a high school, but they used to be a human after school center."
      "Can you fill me in on the social groups here?" Ursa asked.
    "Well they is unfortunately a lot of drama here," Serenity started. "Fiona's group is called the Beauties and includes most of the most popular girls. Most of them are were-bunnies or were-dogs. The other popular girl group is led by Eline over there and called the She-wolves. They only allow were-wolves and there are very selective. I have heard they will haze you."
    "The two main boy groups are the Scouts and the Defense," Serenity continued. "Don't ask me how they come up with these names. The Scouts are led by Loup and include a lot of were-wolves. The Defense are led by Lester and  they live to show off."
   "Are there any more significant groups?" Ursa asked.
    "Of course!" Serenity said. "The Crashers over there are the party animals. The Howlers are always singing together-most of them are in choir. The Wolves are the nasty group of boys who you need to avoid. They get very mad if you do not submit to their authority. The last important group is the Rangers. There are very competitive. Do not challenge them because their leader, Rachel, takes challenges very seriously."
    "What group are you in?" Ursa asked.
     "None of them," said a voice and the three turned around to see Fiona standing there with one eyebrow arched up. "You must not spill my secrets, Serenity or you will be in huge trouble."