Power

Jasmine was out of breathe by the time she arrived at Power class. The teacher, Mrs. Shepard looked her normal attentive and bird-like self. No one could goof around  in her class without her noticing. She seemed like an omnipresent presence in her classroom and was both intimidating and awe-inspiring.
   Mrs. Shepard decided the best course of action for the class today was to go over what powers different were-creatures have. "This will give you an idea of your own powers," she explained. "We can start practicing them next class."
     The class perked up. This was what they had been waiting for. Mrs. Shepard lectured, but she managed to make it interesting with all her cool trivia and interesting facts she would slip in. "Werewolves are the most common and well-known were-creatures," she started. "Humans commonly think that they only transform on the full moon and become frenzied then. This misconception dates back to the werewolf Lunar, who would go crazy on the full moon and attack any human in sight. True werewolves can transform at any time, if they posses the skill and energy. There are several forms of were-wolves, as there are several species of wolves. Werewolves are found on every continent besides Antarctica and South America. Grey, red, and timber wolves are the ones commonly thought of as what werewolves can transform into. However, Australian werewolves are dingos, some African werewolves are Ethiopian wolves, and Arctic wolves reside in the Arctic region. Named wolves are not wolves, or even foxes, and thus, there are no maned were-wolves. All werewolves can transmit lycanthropy and many have extraordinary senses of smell and hearing, great strength, and endurance. "
    "Were-creatures are known on every continent," Mrs. Shepard continued. "Were-bears are some of the most widespread with black, polar, sun, brown, and other species of bears. They are often extremely strong, can make themselves go into a hibernation if needed, and sometimes can read signs from stars. "
    "Were-foxes are not as common, despite the many species of foxes," Mrs. Shepard said. "There are many types and some varieties can have up to nine tails! Most however, are known for having persuasive and charming powers, as well as being exceptionally good-looking."
    "Were-lions and were-leopards are the most common wild were-felines," she continued. "They both have extraordinary strength and endurance. Were-leopards and were-jaguars also can have powers to camouflage themselves. Were-cats often gave prophetic powers. Were-sheep often have fast-growing and thick fur, as well as having powers with deception. They can make themselves appear harmless. Were-bunnies can make themselves appear similarly innocent. We're-dogs have similar powers to werewolves. The most rare were-creature is were-fly, who can do extraordinary physical feats, but are prone to short lifespans. The only we're-creatures found on Antarctica are were-seals and were-penguins, both of which have great swimming powers and can hold their breathe longer then any human."
   "What about were-camels?" one girl asked.
    "There is no such thing," the teacher snapped.
   The bell rang. "I'll prove you wrong," the girl grumbled as the class was dismissed.